• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Catcher
    Catcher had only just fallen asleep herself, but she could already tell that someone else was nearby.  Her focus expanded beyond the fringes if her own dreamscape, searching for the edges of a someone else’s parallel world.  They must’ve just been crossing the threshold when she had first noticed them, because it takes a few moments for her to hone in on it again.  But when she finally does, Catcher eagerly melds into their visions without so much with a second thought. 

For a moment she stood motionless, only shifting her eyes to glance at the edges of the dreamer’s world as the fabric wove and settled together.  The tapestry was one she recognized immediately; the backdrop of Loess’ artistic stonescapes and varied flora was one that had become a regular in her own dreams.  Not by free will however, moreso a subconscious thought that nags at the deepest parts of your mind.  

Catcher allows herself the span of a few breaths to admire the view and then with a small sigh, warped herself into the guise of an osprey.  Departing the ground with the aid of a well placed shift in the wind, she glided in lazy circles, searching for a giveaway to the location of whomever’s paradise she had trespassed upon.  

Reminding herself for what felt like the millionth time that patience was a well earned virtue, she banked right, finally revealing a lump of something resting atop a narrow pillar of stone.  How she didn’t notice it sooner, she couldn’t say, but a pang of frustrated exasperation made her expression sour in response. When she was close enough to the resting horse, she hovered, studying the young man inquisitively, and ultimately making a disapproving sound at the back of her throat.  Not who she was looking for, but maybe he’d know where to find her?

“Excuse me,” she prodded with her bird-like voice.  She waited for him to stir, but nothing happened.  Again she tried, a little louder this time, but still nothing happened.  Resolving to believe that perhaps the problem laid with her squeaky raptor voice, she dissolved back into the chestnut painted and horned equine body that she usually resided in.  

”HEY!” the unicorn shouted, still hovering in mid air across from the winged fellow.  “Are you really dreaming about sleeping?” she asked him, not really expecting an answer, and inconspicuously looking for the perfect stone to lob at him.

——————-

@[Pteron] I am not happy with this post but I don’t think it’s going to get any better and I don’t want to make you wait any longer Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Catcher - by Catcher - 08-14-2019, 10:52 PM