• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

litotes;

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

The war leaves brands of trauma searing and ridiculous across his mind. There are some nights that he wakes from a nightmare sweating, breathe shaky, shoulders aching to brush against Kensa’s. He cannot recall the last time his brain has felt so broken. For the moment, he compartmentalizes his memories and paces late at night to rid himself of the restless energy that fills his legs.

A visit from Castile is to be expected, though when the dragon came, Lie is surprised to find his scent so soon. The king of Loess certainly has his business with Pangea, but the Archon feels as if he has had hardly any time to breathe. Litotes sighs, releasing the large amount of tension that tightens his chest. No matter the reason for Castile’s visit, the cremello still feels an underlying relief at seeing an ally. His isolation amongst the East has been terribly polarizing, even through his attempts to remain polite.

It seems every creature he has put his trust in drifts from him within months. He is not sure if he is pushing them away.

“Castile,” Litotes calls, stepping through a portal he created with his shadows. His voice is a natural jovial he is pleasantly surprised to hear. “You look . . . better,” he quips, the grin on his face pulling open the wound that aches from his mouth to his eye. An injury soon to scar, a reminder of his place in the world.

“We have much to discuss, I’m certain. I’ll let you start.” The grin fades into a small smile, topaz eyes glistening with intent. He pictures Valdis, the dragon’s daughter, wandering somewhere amongst Pangea’s shadows.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Castile] <3

Messages In This Thread
    litotes; - by Castile - 05-27-2019, 11:42 AM
    RE: litotes; - by litotes - 06-06-2019, 06:08 PM
    RE: litotes; - by Castile - 06-18-2019, 01:43 PM