• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  i can see the whole world down below
    Djinni is not idle as she waits for them to arrive.

She slides through a myriad of shapes and silhouettes. She has her favorites – a flaxen pony, a coal black destrier, a tawny hotblood – but she tries new things, stretching the limits of her strength with nearly impossible sizes. Shapeshifting is a vital component of her mischief, and as each quester arrives, she takes a moment to mimic them all in greeting.

First is Malone, quite small and here entirely alone. He comes near despite his nerves, confused but still obedient to her wish.

Second is Felicitey, no older than the first boy, bold and sweet. There is no fear in her at all, and Djinni smiles.

Third is cautious Aziz, who lingers at the edge of the meadow before drawing near.

Fourth comes a glittering male, bright enough that the genie contemplates adding Bowie’s permanent shimmer to her own appearance.

Fifth is Kensa, appearing from the stream like a nymph, and the water loving Djinni admires her method of travel.

Sixth is an older boy who fusses over the first. The genie, with her many siblings, appreciates Meraxes’ concern and returns his greeting with a smile.

Seventh is another child, quiet in a way that reminds her of dawn shadows driven away by the sun.  

Last is a girl with enough awe on her face to satiate Djinni.

The genie has always appreciated having the appropriate amount of deference shown, and the eight horses who have arrived to fulfill her wish have done just this. Shifting back at last to her own small form, the black eyed mare finally speaks aloud.

<b>“Welcome.”</b> She says, <b>“and thank you.”</b>

---

There is no time for you to ask what she might be thanking you for. Instead, the world around you disappears and you find yourself swallowed by complete emptiness. It is dark and silent and cold, a place where there has only been and ever will be: nothing. The moment you first wonder if you’ll be trapped there forever, you are freed. Your vision returns, and you find yourself exactly where you were before receiving the vision of the meadow.

A need rises in you, loud and impossible to ignore.

<i>Deceive.</i>

You feel driven by the need for deception, the urge to lie and mislead. Will you give in? To whom will you lie, and about what? Or are you able to fight off the desire, finding that deception is contrary to your nature?

---
    <i>- Your character is back home (or wherever they were before being summoned)
    - You have been overcome with the desire to verbally deceive at least one other horse (can be another character or an NPC)
    - your post should end with your character falling asleep at the end of the day
    - The deadline to reply to this quest is Sunday, June 9th at 11 pm CST</i>

Messages In This Thread
    i can see the whole world down below - by Djinni - 05-24-2019, 10:39 PM
    RE: OPEN QUEST: i can see the whole world down below - by Djinni - 06-02-2019, 01:33 PM