• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm right at the end of my rope ; anyone

Vadar

Seven characteristics are in an uncultivated person, and seven in a learned one

Sucked violently away from Tephra and spat into the Cove, Vadar looked post-apocalyptic. His silver-tinted mane and tail were clumped, brittle. The edges of his mouth were dry and his eyes dim. He rolled across the black sands and a fine mist of white dust clouded off his shoulders and back as he went.

If he could do anything besides being winded he might’ve cursed himself out loud for getting involved in the first place, but the Pangean native was reduced to blinking in a daze and catching his breath. He remembers the dragon taking something from the ground and then passing through the hole created by his own powers, can faintly recall watching a wave of Tephra’s soil rising up to give chase. Had it really been the bay stallion Aziz? Or was his mind filling in blanks from the sudden shock of an unexpected volcanic eruption?

Fuck, his head hurt.

Not far off from him, the alien sound of someone else gasping wrenches him up, laying on his side. He feels the pounding of incessant drums ricocheting through his skull and winces, blinking to look down the dark shoreline where a hazy figure lies prostrate in her own brand of agony. If she’s dying, he’d rather not stay and be witness to it.

He’d much rather go home, except has no idea where he’s at. The mainland and having to pass through Hyaline to get to Pangea were familiar to the once-vagabond, but he’d never come this way and so the iron beach is one that seems a bit otherworldly.
    Shit, they could’ve been thrown into another universe entirely and right now he wouldn’t be the wiser.

“Sonofabi - here we go.” He grinds out a bit forcefully, the sharp line of his cheek straining from the effort of dragging his legs to work, urging his body to rise despite the bone-deep ache. Each step he takes in the mare’s direction is one freshly made in hell. “Hey,” He comes to loom over her, peering down through a tangle of sooty forelock. She’s ripped open like roadkill. “don’t die yet. You know where we are, hm?” Vadar questions.

One of his hooves slide forward over the smooth, ebony pebbles - the one with a pale white scar banded around the fetlock - and it goes to nudge her chin in a way that’s far from soft. She could expire later; right now he needed her awake. “Answer me.”

Info/Ref

@[Dawn]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm right at the end of my rope ; anyone - by Vadar - 05-20-2019, 10:23 PM