• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now watch me burn it down; any / all

He knows that he has no dog in this fight, no matter how much he longs for the taste of battle on his tongue. It has been many years since he last battled, and he has learned some new, useful tricks since then, but this battle is between dragons and magicians and everything you could name in between. He would simply be incinerated in seconds, and he doesn’t quite yet feel like throwing his life away. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe never – but not today, in a battle that they are doomed to lose anyways.

They have all gotten to behold the new magician’s work, as she threads a maze through the most intricate parts of Loess. He destroys the flora as he goes, not by fire but through blight – the tall hedges die around him, crumbling to ash as he traverses through it. His own children have already been brought to safety, though Xyrem and Barebone felt the need to accompany their father, aiding him by use of their own blight, as unpracticed as they are. Xyrem begs his father to let him set the flora on fire, but he forbids it – there may be children or innocent Loessians trapped within the curling vines, and he will not let them be harmed by flames.

Cress trails behind as well, her own sickly son having been stashed safely away from the clawing thorns and vines. Leliana probably put up failsafes to avoid harming her friend, but Cress couldn’t be so sure – so he is away, near the nearest kingdom border. She is seething, furious, but Oxytocin knows that if there are injured horses within the maze, he will need her help; Cress would never let another horse die in front of her if she could help it, and he’s counting on that to help him save those trapped.

A familiar voice screams through the air nearby, and he blasts a hole in the closest hedge, Starsin’s familiar form appearing on the other side. There are others gathered, as well – a lovely winged mare, a young antlered filly, a girl the color of flame, and yet another winged woman, lovely in her own right. “Back up,” he grunts as he forces his way through the hedge, Cress gasping and pushing after him when she sees the two boys tangled in the hedges. They may not listen, but Oxy nudges Starsin’s shoulder to get her to move aside as he approaches the boys.

With barely a thought, he brushes his nose over the tangled flora surrounding what must be Starsin’s boy, whose breaths are getting weaker and weaker as the vines finally begin to crumble and release their hold on him. He moves on to the next child, who is even worse off – he is stuck within the wall, and how he can still breathe is a mystery. Slowly, Oxy extracts him, letting his mother choose to support him as the boy is freed from the wall. Panting, he steps back, letting the two mothers swarm their children, and giving a nod to Cress.

“Starsin,” he says as Cress moves forward, preparing to heal the children. “Loess needs you in Tephra. Go, I will look after the boy.”

OXYTOCIN

I don't have my head on straight

Basically Oxy just blighted a good chunk of the maze into oblivion and the boys are free, Cress is gonna heal them up if that's ok.
    immune.

Messages In This Thread
    now watch me burn it down; any / all - by leliana - 05-14-2019, 09:22 PM
    RE: now watch me burn it down; any / all - by Oxytocin - 05-16-2019, 10:24 PM