• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now watch me burn it down; any / all

i'm a geyser, feel it bubbling from below
    hear it call, hear it call, hear it call to me, constantly

She wonders if setting the maze aflame will award her notice in Loess. While sumptuous and confident in appearance, the sly mind she possesses is much more reclusive. Brunhilde spends most of her time hidden amongst the trees of Loess, the eyes she inherited from her father glittering gold and cruel in the dappled light. Everyone’s time seems to pass around her while she stands still. She watches the life of Loess come and ago as if she is never there.

Of course, she cannot blame anyone but herself: she chose to stay this way, remaining as meek as a victorian peasant, daunting beauty making her invisible most days and intimidating when she needs to be. She finds that as time passes, though, knowledge is not as interesting to her as power is. The power of, perhaps, fire that she only uses when she singes a butterfly too close into ashes. That is what she is speaking with her father about, actually, when the perfect opportunity to test her interest arises.

Litotes bickers with her about her role in the oncoming war; ultimately, he gets his way, but only because Hildy finds him insufferable (and she is, though she will not admit it, terribly fond of her father). His argument that she will be more useful here with the maze feels like a farce, but she does see its merit. Setting fire to an ugly set of bushes sounds like a horrendous amount of fun. And so, Brunhilde gathers Khal to her side and leaves her father to rest before their strike on Tephra.

The green of the hedges tangle like she imagines the jungles of their enemies do. Hildy hums to herself, mouth cracked in a saccharine smile. The foliage is too coated in thorns and spikes for her to press her muzzle to it, but she tests her power with an inch or two of flame arising from her nose. The smile on her face turns into a wicked grin as the flame grows and her butterflies land amongst the leaves. Without a thought for her little herd of creatures, she leans just close enough to set a line of greeny aflame. What butterflies remain go up in it. As gleeful as a child, she trots down the outside layer of the maze, every few feet lighting another line on fire. She casts a glittering look behind her to watch the smoke as it rises, then continues on her joyful journey around Loess.

Brunhilde, stop.

The girl casts her lion companion an irritated look, but he gestures further down the way toward a small gathering of mewling equines.

They look stuck.

Hildy frowns and stretches her legs into a canter. Khal rushes ahead of her to get a closer look: Brun, you need to get down her, now. The little flame breaks into a gallop, anxiety catching in the back of her throat. Khal is already digging at the spot the yearling boy is caught in, lion’s claws and teeth fierce against the tightly interlaces shrubs. She casts a nervous glance to the smoke rising further down the maze. If the flames grow any faster, Tiercel might die.

and hear the harmony only when it's harming me
    it's not real, it's not real, it's not real enough

Brunhilde

i figured khal might be kinda successful in freeing tiercel :3

Messages In This Thread
    now watch me burn it down; any / all - by leliana - 05-14-2019, 09:22 PM
    RE: now watch me burn it down; any / all - by brunhilde - 05-15-2019, 05:54 PM