• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now watch me burn it down; any / all

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

He wasn’t supposed to move.

When the ground had first shook, it had taken her a moment to realize it was Tephra’s doing. As the vines and trees erupted from the earth, twisting and intertwining and tangling, she had quickly snatched Malone close to her side. The sound of Leliana’s voice echoing across the land stirs a rage inside of her breast – her patience with Tephra, and everyone else, was wearing impossibly thin. Where was this warfare when they had first taken the healers? Bristling and irritated – because honestly, right now, this overgrown and untrimmed garden was more of an inconvenience to her than a real threat – she had found a location away from the maze, and, pressing her lips to Malone’s forehead, she had commanded him to stay.

She wouldn’t be gone long, but she wanted to make sure Loess was on their way to burn Tephra to the ground.

When she returns, she can instantly feel that something is wrong.

Her eyes seek out the place that she had left him, but even from a distance she can see he’s no longer there. “Malone?” She calls, even though she knows it is useless. She is close enough that if he were nearby, she would be able to hear his thoughts, but all she hears is the increasingly panicked ones of her own. Her heart begins to race, as her body tingles cold with the fear that grips her. She spins around, and the rocks of Loess and the hedge of the maze is a blur as she races past it all, ignoring or nearly colliding with anyone that didn’t move in time as her star-studded form streaked past. By the time she reaches the entrance, she is breathless, but her adrenaline has completely overtaken every part of her.

She hardly even notices the older boy that is completely ensnared by the wall of vines and roots. Maybe for a brief second she can hear his own thoughts of panic and desperation, but she cannot even spare him a glance. The sight of her own son lying crumpled and dim on the ground was enough to fade everything else away. Her breathing is ragged as it catches in her throat, and each inhale is like knives embedding themselves through her ribs and straight into heart. “No,” it is a whisper at first, as she lunges forward, but when she says it again, and again, it is almost a scream. She touches her lips to his still head, gently caressing her lips against the soft curls of his forelock, before nudging him roughly, frantically. “Wake up, please, please, you have to wake up,” Her anguished plea is nearly drowned by the tears that stream down her face, but somewhere underneath the grief, there is a fury blossoming inside of her that is so palpable that it tells her that if Loess didn’t succeed in bringing down Tephra, that she would.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    now watch me burn it down; any / all - by leliana - 05-14-2019, 09:22 PM
    RE: now watch me burn it down; any / all - by Starsin - 05-15-2019, 01:32 AM