• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now watch me burn it down; any / all
    my heart is violent because it learned how to bleed at a young age
    when it is hungry I feed it with shaking hands.
    Malone does not know how to obey when his mother tells him to stay put. She tried to tuck him away somewhere safe when the ground began to rumble and the vines began to sprout from the earth. Now he waits, peering from the undergrowth and shrubbery as Tiercel is swallowed up by the walls of the flower queen’s maze. His breath catches in his throat and something within him commands him to run, to help the other child in any way he can.

The gold and star covered boy rushes from his hiding spot and dives through the maze, kicking up clumps of dirt with his small hooves. His thin chest is gasping for air but he keeps running, wings tucked tight to his little body when he finds the other. Malone’s jaw drops and quivers at the sight – blood dribbling from all his wounds while he wheezes for even the shallowest breath. But he lacks his father’s scales or teeth to rip the plants from the stranger. Little tears brim his eyes and he feels his throat tighten as he tries to force himself to breathe.

How.. How do I help? What can I do?” he whispers as he leans in, desperately pulling the brambles with his teeth even as they stab into his lips and cheeks. He whimpers against the pain and throws his head side to side like a dog. But the plants only harden and he has to back away. His tears come streaming down his face now as he watches Tiercel’s blood drip down the maze wall. “I’m so sorry.. I’m so sorry..

His voice quivers around the apology as he backs away. Malone’s gaze remains locked on the boy until a large thorn sinks into his shoulder, making him jump and gasp at the pain. He only now begins to notice how much tighter his throat has gotten since he reached Tiercel and now the world begins to spin. The stars across his body seem to dim as he stumbles, more thorns catching on his tender babyskin as he falls to the ground.

Mama.. help me..” he mumbles as his throat swells nearly shut. His breaths leave him in shallow whispers as his black and blue eyes drift shut.
    m a l o n e

Messages In This Thread
    now watch me burn it down; any / all - by leliana - 05-14-2019, 09:22 PM
    RE: now watch me burn it down; any / all - by Malone - 05-14-2019, 10:28 PM