• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now watch me burn it down; any / all

You're Just Like Heaven To Touch

Without warning a single yearling is caught in the middle of something beyond his comprehension. His mind is filled with quiet thoughts as he walks, directionless, northward. The ides of war stemmed by tumultuous relationships is so completely above his head that Tiercel doesn’t think it could ever possibly touch his pleasant sphere of self-concern. Tephra is hundreds of miles away on foot; they wouldn’t come knocking and if they did, certainly no one would aim to hurt innocents in between?

But thoughtless anger knows no such mercy.

He feels a trembling, enough that it draws his ocean blue eyes down to the ground where small pebbles dance curiously. The wingless son of Wolfbane and Lepis knows it isn’t natural for stone to act like that, so why does it continue? Is something wrong?

He stumbles forward, wobbling, into a land that ruptures around him in violence and careless magic. A high scream echoes, true fear twisting his face and legs all at once when new growth wickedly sprouts around him. One branch drags along his side and shoves him down, brambles curl around his body and tear into him relentlessly.

Poor Tiercel is engulfed in a wall that chokes him and presses hard thorns into his eyes and lips, but when it stops there’s still soft wheezing deep inside the greenery. A voice booms across their home demanding, unaware that he can’t reply to ask for help or mercy. The colt is stuck fast but alive; too scared to cry and too trapped to fight.

Tiercel

Messages In This Thread
    now watch me burn it down; any / all - by leliana - 05-14-2019, 09:22 PM
    RE: now watch me burn it down; any / all - by Tiercel - 05-14-2019, 10:11 PM