• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any)

-Adria-

The idea that her life was more interesting than Ruinam’s made her laugh lightly. Comparing lives in Beqanna was like comparing snowflakes. Whether Ruinam actually believed that his existence was less exciting than hers or not, he still came from somewhere and through his own actions he’d wound up here on an Island all alone.

That was interesting to Adria.

She holds still for the moment, glancing down to watch the white fox bound up from the water and back to the heel of its horse companion. It seemed much more attentive to her now and the Nereid welcomed the curiosity of the small creature. Her short neck bent in a lovely curve and she lowered her nose for a moment, eager to have the fox sniff her if he or she wished. Which reminded her - “Is your friend a boy or a girl?” The mare asked, raising her head to look out at Ruinam who’d made his way down the beach.

Then she told him, “Oh, it keeps you fit alright.” Before admiring the athletic shape of the white stallion’s backside. “I was just considering time,” She sighed happily, shaking out her mane and gracefully following Ruinam’s hoof marks down the wet beach, “since it would be easier to use my magic and get us all there in a matter of minutes, not hours.”

Smiling in a somewhat playful manner, Adria strode forward and lifted a forehoof as if to step into the waves again. When her hoof came down, though, it refused to sink. In fact her other legs that followed also refused to sink below the water. They strode confidently above the surf and kept her afloat. Adria was… walking. On top of the ocean. “But if you enjoy swimming that much… ” The mare giggled, shrugging while she stood. Glancing back over her shoulder towards the Resort’s shoreline, she kept Ruinam and his fox in her sights.

“Maybe you should try trusting me this one time, yes? Plenty of time for swimming when I’m not around.”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any) - by Adria - 06-17-2019, 11:05 AM