• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any)

-Adria-

Surrounded by the cry of gulls and drinking in the quaint beauty of the Resort, it was easy for Adria to be patient in hopes that someone would greet her. She waded closer to shore and left the ocean waves behind her, content to bask in a midday sun that quickly dried her salt-soaked skin before the Nereid magically exchanged her scales for common fur. The breeze was pleasant, heavy with familiar smells and giving her reason enough to feel comfortable.

She closed her eyes and stood plainly in the open to see, basking in the early spring heat until the clatter of hooves opened her eyes towards the southernmost section of thick jungle.

There, she saw Ruinam for the first time. He approached her quickly enough, but in a manner that didn’t strike her as aggressive or threatening. Mostly curious and obviously polite, the brightly colored mare who’d come to visit his home smiled as he bowed and lowered her eyes a bit to catch the flicker of movement at his heel. “Hello Ruinam and friend.” She responded sweetly. Light and fluid, her voice was twisted with an island accent. “They call me Adria. I protect and lead Ischia,” Her head rose, “so now we are neighbors.”

Looking over Ruinam and his short mane, the slope of his white shoulders and his appealing height compared to her rather small stature, it was clear that Adria enjoyed the idea of them being possible allies.

“Won’t you tell me about yourself?” The seamare wondered, “If it is too hot for your companion’s winter coat I will follow you inland.”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any) - by Adria - 05-20-2019, 10:23 AM