• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Bro. I love u Bro (Vulgaris)

This time, Wolfbane can’t seem to muster the energy to be outwardly vicious like he’d been a few months ago. He’s still ticked off, but even that emotion deflates once a leggy bay colt breaks from Vulgaris’ side to join his own children. His gaze trails after the boy but doesn’t follow him to the spring; one of his ears tilts aside instead and meanwhile, Wolfbane chooses to visibly relax despite the idiosyncrasy of always stirring shit. Through all of their petty disagreements, it’s hard to entirely push out someone who often acts just like you.

But Bane is due for a pleasant surprise, today.
    Head rising, a bit of shock widening his hazel eyes, the oddly-striped stallion drinks in the brief explanation Vulgaris offers and shifts his accusatory stance to one that seems hesitant yet grateful. “I would’ve really hated having my face torn off, brother.” He speaks after a minute, relieved he could admit (in his own way) that coming to blows with the Viper wasn’t exactly the event of a lifetime for him. He knew good and well what the Champion of Loess was capable of, couldn’t complain that the battle was probably off the table now, and felt without words that Vulgaris understood he’d wanted it due to that vindictive side of himself - not greed or ego.

When his friend speaks again, he turns to view Wolfbane with a look of such clear-cut agony that against all odds, Bane seems to know who it concerns before the fanged stallion even opens his mouth. The scaled horse had acted similarly once before, so his winged companion wipes away any trace of humor from his own face before focusing intently on Vulgaris.

“What?” Bane huffs quietly, confusion rippling across his mask, “I feel like I’m missing something… why would she want Loess to suffer?”

He doesn’t know, of course. Castile himself had been closed off to the husband of his distant niece. When Wolfbane had prodded for information over how the dragon came to the throne, (hoping to aid rather than irritate) the pied stallion had been short and non-informative. Castile had made it obvious then that despite their familial ties, he and Bane were strangers.

“The wife and I had plans on moving north, taking root and possibly control of Taiga to broaden the borders. Heartfire is my grandmother, after all.” The trojanesque male explains numbly, shifting a guarded face towards the children who look over and see only what the two fathers want them to see. “This… changes things.”

Tilting his multihued face aside, Wolfbane glances towards Vulgaris with determination, asking swiftly “You said "new" strength?”

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[vulgaris]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Bro. I love u Bro (Vulgaris) - by Wolfbane - 05-05-2019, 09:20 PM
    RE: Bro. I love u Bro (Vulgaris) - by vulgaris - 05-08-2019, 07:35 PM
    RE: Bro. I love u Bro (Vulgaris) - by Wolfbane - 05-13-2019, 02:11 AM
    RE: Bro. I love u Bro (Vulgaris) - by litotes - 05-14-2019, 12:56 AM