• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so show me where my armor ends; wolfbane

There it is; he laughs openly at the idea of Sylva burning. Much more to her taste, her husband thinks. In the dark he can nearly feel her unrest at his mention of the red-gold woods; he doesn’t need to look in her eyes for him to understand the sincerity behind what she says. Sylva itself had been nothing but an opportunity - its physical value to him was worthless in the grand scheme of things. The unrest between Loess and her neighbor was always a palpable sore since the Plague, something better disbanded before it turned sour.

But he wasn’t capable of making those changes; not yet.

Taiga, Lepis breathes. The word turns something inside of him that is neither questionable nor wholly acceptable. It’s a foreign land for sure, quiet every time he passes over it on northward journeys but still a land grasped firmly in the hand of a Kingdom he’s well-associated with.

Something about it stirs a memory inside of him relating to his father, but it drifts away steadily at the touch of her kiss and the command in her tone. “Yes ma'am.” Bane laughs, quietly. The tenor of his voice is warm and inviting, stirred by their fevered touches and the way she comes alive in his embrace.

It strikes him, marveling at her, that perhaps this is a new endeavour he should support her in. After all, what has he done that Lepis herself couldn’t possibly do ten times better? The trojanesque stallion’s grin is lost to the oncoming night. Yes, changes are advancing uninvited but this change - supporting Lepis and her claim, supporting their family in this move as she directs it - will be one that they can control together like they always have.

“I love you.” He tells her endlessly, and that’s all he needs to say anymore.

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Lepis]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: so show me where my armor ends; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 05-13-2019, 02:19 PM