• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If my heart was a house, you’d be home - any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Magnus - way better than his own daughter, perhaps he is lucky and she takes to roaming as much as he did when he was younger. The man greets him with his name, earning the buckskin a return nod in greeting.

The scaled stallion smiles a bit when asked why he is here. ”I figured maybe I’d try my hand at something new before being buried in the snow.” Diplomacy wasn’t his strong suit, but he’d rather like to learn a thing or two. All jolliness aside, he shrugs at the old man before him (he can call him old, right?) and asks him a return question. ”Did Heartfire visit?” She sure knows just about everything, with her spy-glass eyes - but does that mean she can just sit tight? Not as far as he’s concerned. But he’s willing to do the walking for her, he supposes. Make the effort of greeting kings and queens in person or whatnot.

Actually, the Isle is a lonely place, he supposes. It could do with some allies, and it could do with some changes. After all, the South is a place of constant change, too.

When Magnus starts about Rhaegor, Leilan’s eyes widen slightly before bursting into a short laugh. ”Oh, he knows what I’d say. There’s no need.” And that’s that. He wonders a moment what the youngsters are up to (not that young any more, but his daughter will always be young to him). ”But if you happen to see my daughter, tell her I’ll no longer worry about her going before me.”

A bit too cryptic, perhaps. But somehow he’s sure she’ll latch on sooner rather than later. Maybe she’ll be angry, but he doesn’t think he really cares about her being angry with him any more, as long as she can just live her life.

Returning to Magnus, he smiles a bit. ”What’s the west up to these days? Just being a sa-“ A cough overtakes him, and he turns away. As he feared it would, a large patch of icy cold comes with, resulting in a small ice patch beside the two men. A snort follows as he turns back his head to regard Magnus. ”Sanctuary?” As if nothing really happened.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

so I figured this is set between round 2 and 3 of the Cure quests :)
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: If my heart was a house, you’d be home - any - by Leilan - 05-07-2019, 01:37 AM