• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  seafoam in my veins; any

the Ocean has its silent caves, deep, quiet, and alone;
    though there be fury on the waves, beneath them there is none.

There are shadows on the surface of the ocean. The young stall looks up at them from his position in the depths of the water, counting ripples and shadow density. He feels oddly predatory, as if he could surge upwards and snatch an unsuspecting strange back down to the depths of the water, turning the crystalline blues into muddy reds and browns. He’s hunted before, but only things like rabbits and unsuspecting birds. Mother hadn’t particularly approved, but then, she hadn’t been the most attentive parent.

Casimir is half braced to emerge and hunt one of the equids above the water when he vaguely remembers his family lives here – and he’s probably not supposed to eat them. Or at least he’s not supposed to want to. Instead he creeps forward and upward across the sand and studies them as they become clearer. It’s three – a mare and two smaller figures. A pegasus mare, a boy his age, and a younger pegasus boy. They certainly share similar coloring to him, though the boys have striking gold visible even though he hasn’t risen from the water.

But then the older of the colts steps into the water, away from the other two, and defensive instinct kicks in. Cas lunges out of the water, sharp teeth bared, half-feral hazel eyes more than a little afraid. He closes his teeth on air, a mere warning rather than an attack, and skitters sideways across the sand, still watching them. They’re obviously related to him, all the roan and blue and such. He’s breathing heavily, nostrils flared, but he turns to face Carwyn squarely. “You’re my sister,” he tastes the words, eyes flicking to the wingless boy. “You’re my brother.” And his nephew but hey, who’s keeping track?

Casimir

@[Carwyn] & Co.

Messages In This Thread
    seafoam in my veins; any - by Casimir - 04-14-2019, 10:27 PM
    RE: seafoam in my veins; any - by Carwyn - 04-16-2019, 09:17 PM
    RE: seafoam in my veins; any - by Aeghir - 04-23-2019, 01:23 PM
    RE: seafoam in my veins; any - by Casimir - 04-24-2019, 09:58 PM
    RE: seafoam in my veins; any - by Carwyn - 04-30-2019, 12:02 PM
    RE: seafoam in my veins; any - by Casimir - 05-11-2019, 03:12 PM
    RE: seafoam in my veins; any - by Carwyn - 05-30-2019, 09:30 PM