• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  seafoam in my veins; any

the Ocean has its silent caves, deep, quiet, and alone;
    though there be fury on the waves, beneath them there is none.

She tolerates him – barely. There is certainly not any large amount of affection, or coddling; occasionally there are flashes of something in her that he yearns for more of, but it never lasts long. Thankfully, he’s pretty self-sufficient. Kellyn keeps him fed and sheltered, teaching him some basic control of the powers they share, but half the time she’s talking to people he can’t see, and half the time she’s pretending not to be a mother. The rare moments when she talks about his family or cuddles him close are usually moonlit evenings, both of them drowsy, and him half convinced he can see the ghosts too.

In the end, she brings him back to Ischia. Her eyes are already on the next thing, and he knows she won’t stay. After all, there’s someone else here – his father, she’d said, and his aunt and a niece or nephew who is also a half-sibling – and she doesn’t want to see them. And she leaves him on the sand by himself, facing a narrow strip of peninsula that is the land-dweller’s path to his father’s islands. Kellyn expects him to take it, but even after she disappears back the way they came he stands alone, staring. By the time he’s made up his mind, firmed up his resolve, the water has closed over the path once more.

That’s ok, he prefers the underwater path anyway. And he’s never been at risk of drowning. He welcomes the feel of water closing over his scales as he walks across the ocean, mind absently on other things. Pondering what it would be like to never emerge from the water again, as he snatches absently at a passing fish with his razor-sharp teeth. Pondering if he might see more than fleeting familial recognition or affection from his family in the island chains. Pondering if he’ll ever see the little pink mare who birthed him again in this timeline, or only in wanderings through the past and his dreams.

Casimir

@[Ivar] @[Carwyn] @[Aeghir] @[Twyll] or anyone Big Grin
    The blue roan overo mare made her way through her home. She had watched the land slow down in activity recently. Hopefully soon she would see more happening here in Ischia and she needed to meet the leader. She looked back at her two sons Aeghir who is a yearling and Tywll who was much younger. She smiled when she spotted someone in the distance but noticed the figure go under the water. She knew that her younger son inherited a water shifter trait. Carwyn wasn't sure if she should wait for the blue figure to emerge from the water or send Tywll to check on him. She decided to wait and see what happens. She had gathered the scent of her mother as she walked closer to the water. 

@[Casimir] I will add Aeghir and Tywll's reply tomorrow
    Aeghir made his way through the land in which he was born and raised in. He was following his dam and walking with his younger brother. He smiled at the two of them as they made their way to the waters edge. He had no idea as to what his mom had seen in the distance but he would just have to wait and see. He unlike his mother and brother had no wings or any other traits. He didn't mind this at all however sometimes he did wish for wings so that he could fly with the two. He decided to step into the shallow part of the water and decided to wait for whomever it was to surface.

There are shadows on the surface of the ocean. The young stall looks up at them from his position in the depths of the water, counting ripples and shadow density. He feels oddly predatory, as if he could surge upwards and snatch an unsuspecting strange back down to the depths of the water, turning the crystalline blues into muddy reds and browns. He’s hunted before, but only things like rabbits and unsuspecting birds. Mother hadn’t particularly approved, but then, she hadn’t been the most attentive parent.

Casimir is half braced to emerge and hunt one of the equids above the water when he vaguely remembers his family lives here – and he’s probably not supposed to eat them. Or at least he’s not supposed to want to. Instead he creeps forward and upward across the sand and studies them as they become clearer. It’s three – a mare and two smaller figures. A pegasus mare, a boy his age, and a younger pegasus boy. They certainly share similar coloring to him, though the boys have striking gold visible even though he hasn’t risen from the water.

But then the older of the colts steps into the water, away from the other two, and defensive instinct kicks in. Cas lunges out of the water, sharp teeth bared, half-feral hazel eyes more than a little afraid. He closes his teeth on air, a mere warning rather than an attack, and skitters sideways across the sand, still watching them. They’re obviously related to him, all the roan and blue and such. He’s breathing heavily, nostrils flared, but he turns to face Carwyn squarely. “You’re my sister,” he tastes the words, eyes flicking to the wingless boy. “You’re my brother.” And his nephew but hey, who’s keeping track?

Casimir

@[Carwyn] & Co.
    Carwyn smiled at her two colts as they waited for the figure to emerge from the waters. She watched as Aeghir stepped into the water and told him to be careful. As soon as she finished her statement a blue colored colt came rushing out of the water. She cocked her head to the side as she heard the boy say that she was his sister and her son was his brother. The blue roan overo mare gave the boy a small smile and said "I'm Carwyn and these are your brothers Aeghir and Tywll. Where did mom go?" She knew that Kellyn always left her children with someone else but she wandered if she had even know she had grandchildren or not. She turned her attention back to the colts and watched each of them for a moment or two before she went to say something else. She said "Aeghir, Tywll can you go over there and play for a bit. Just stay in my eye-sight please."

@[Casimir]

He’s expecting…something. More of a reaction, to his somewhat ill-advised lunge towards one of her son’s throats, but she seems to take it calmly in stride. There’s a flicker of interest deep in his chest, because he likes the calmness of her, and so he turns his green eyes away from the colts and watches her. She confirms her identity with a name, Carwyn, which Kellyn had given him before disappearing, and offers the names of the boys. Children his age – he hadn’t thought he wanted playmates since the first few lonely weeks of life, but having them within reach now makes him reconsider. “I’m Casimir,” he offers in return, and momentarily contemplates Mother.

“She didn’t say where she was going. She left me on the mainland.” He’s articulate, as he should be at his age, but more because she would never have tolerate anything less. The faster they grow up, the sooner she can leave them. Whatever she is looking for, she hasn’t found it in any of her children yet. “She didn’t say where she was going, but she didn’t want to see Ivar. Father.” It tastes strange on his tongue, the word father, because she never used it. Ivar might have been his father, but after she’d found out about Carwyn – more about Aeghir and Twyll, he supposes – he’d been nothing to Kellyn. Somehow because he found Carwyn interesting, he was beneath her.

Cas is still watching the boys, and wondering what it would be like to play, but in the next breath she sends them away and something inside him that he’s never felt before hurts. He is used to Mother’s casual rejection, but it’s a new hurt to have his sister send her children away from him. But a part of him understands – Mother can be casually cruel, can injure without thinking about it. He was raised by her, and Carwyn is right to be wary of him. He did already try to eat one, after all. Still, he droops a little and watches them out of the corner of his eye and tries to be brave. “Do you, um, know where my father is?” If his sister’s family isn’t going to be his family, maybe he can find it with his father.

Casimir

@[Carwyn]
    Carwyn gave the young colt a small smile as she watched her son's go to play. She noticed the way he acted after she sent her son's away. She said "I think he is on a small island that's within the land. I am happy to meet you and I am sorry for sending your brothers to play while we talk. You can join them when we are done." She hoped that he would have fun with his brothers as they play. She turned her attention back to the colt and gave him a soft smile.