• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it's hard to stop what you can't see; anyone
    Sochi

darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied
    maybe you need me or maybe you don't

Sochi had never really fancied herself a kingdom horse either.

Too many rules, too many restrictions, too many arrogant horses with their bellies full of food and their minds empty. She had little respect for them—until she met Castile. And in him, she had found something she had never thought she’d found. Perhaps love, although she would never be the first to say it. Perhaps it was simply respect. After all, for a predator like herself, it was difficult to not respect a dragon.

Whatever it was, it kept her within the borders of Loess far more than she would have ever anticipated. She finds herself walking the borders often, making sure to pay attention to the beach. After she had watched Isobell emerge from the waves, she had learned to not underestimated what could come in with the tide. While the mare had ended up being Castile’s sister, the next to arrive may not be.

Today though, she is further inland, the ground rockier but still soft enough to be easy to traverse with her feline paws. When she sees the winged stallion make her descent, she pauses, angling her head in his direction. There was something familiar about him, although she couldn’t say exactly what it was. It was just something there in the back of her mind, an itch that draws her forth toward where he stands.

“Hello there,” she calls, her voice raspy and soft, the gravel of it rumbling in her throat. She angles toward the front of him, face washed clean of emotion, her golden eyes taking in all of him. “What brings you to Loess today, stranger?” Her lips curve upward, but not in a smile—instead her teeth glitter white in the summer sun, the pink of her gums exposed as she finally pauses, tail twitching behind her.

playing the slow rooms, howling at half moons
    if you are a Queen then, honey, I am a wolf

@[Nightlock]
    [Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's hard to stop what you can't see; anyone - by sochi - 04-14-2019, 11:28 PM