• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A snowdrop in the darkness....

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

I try not to get too hopeful; sometimes another has different expectations, different ideas about what is an ideal life. Still, I find myself wishing she is more suited for the sanctuary than my own children (at least two out of three, the third is still a babe but the first two had decided to leave long ago). Niphredil readily accepts my offer. After all, it’s one that she could hardly refuse, I believe - I haven’t tried to impose anything on her.

Yet, I correct myself. Because I would honestly love to see her blossom in our kingdom, or perhaps in Hyaline or Pangea if I may be so bold. But first things first - she has just arrived, and so I nod in the direction I want to go, to find her some water. ”These lands are called Beqanna, and they hold a strange sort of magic. Some say the place is alive, but I personally believe that the fairies, who help keep us safe, have simply more influence on this world than they may have on other lands.” My wings have slowly reappeared, more strongly in the sunlight, and I waver them a moment. ”There’s something magical out here, connecting us to the lands and the lands to us. Unfortunately we have been struck by an illness that the fae seem to be very busy fighting. There may be a full cure in the future. I too don’t exactly remember my journey here, but it is easy enough to start a new life. We have kingdoms, or if you want less political stirring, territories and herds to live in. Some places are more independent than others, some kingdoms rule for the strongest to survive and others, like mine, take in everyone. I can tell you more about the kingdoms if you like to have a general idea of where you could live, or about the magic?” I don’t know which spikes her curiosity more, and I may not be able to fit all in one meeting, but even then, I can at least make a start.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Niphredil]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 10:55 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-09-2019, 11:09 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 11:28 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-09-2019, 11:39 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-09-2019, 02:40 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-10-2019, 12:58 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-11-2019, 01:44 AM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Niphredil - 04-11-2019, 02:17 PM
    RE: A snowdrop in the darkness.... - by Ilma - 04-14-2019, 11:57 AM