• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  man is such a fool, why are we saving him? lie/castile

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Her name is a growl on LITOTES' tongue, and she casts him a faintly irritated glance. Whether it was genuine or not, that was only for her to know – but she was certain he would catch on. His thoughts continued to coarse through her mind, and the heat of his anger and betrayal was nearly palpable. She did not need her gift to know that, and she was sure their visitor from the Cove sensed it as well. It would be impossible not to. Aided by the current of thoughts that continue to ripple from him, accompanied by the electricity that hums beneath his skin and the bristled sand cat at his feet, it was glaringly obvious.

Then again, the east hadn’t exactly proven themselves at being especially perceptive, and it showed in how every interaction involved them being taken aback at how their actions were usually poorly received. But, she is quiet, even if only because Litotes requested her to be. Not necessarily out of actual obedience – but, if there was one thing Starsin was good at it, it was pretending to be something she wasn’t.

It has been so long since she has played the part of meek and mild, but she pulls it back on like a well-worn jacket. She drops her shapely head at Litotes’ reprimand, casting her dark blue eyes fleetingly to the ground before lifting them back to his. She would let him have control of the situation, this time. This was, after all, his fight to be fought. It was he that they insisted on trampling down every chance they got, only to return with false promises. It takes nearly everything in her to keep the amused laughter from building in her throat when Dawn says they had been discussing offering Pangea to Litotes – of course they had been. Kick him off one land, and hand him another one; it was very logical...if you were stupid.

But, she is quiet. And even though her blue eyes glimmer, even though she can find holes in everything Dawn says, she remains Litotes’ seemingly docile companion. She trusted him, and although she is tight-lipped and keeps her tongue still, she does not leave.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    RE: man is such a fool, why are we saving him? lie/castile - by Starsin - 04-21-2019, 10:30 PM