• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All for One [Sabra]
    The next place on his list is the River. As Jesper heads towards the sound of rushing water, he feels at peace. His last visit to the River was on his way back to Ischia from Sylva. He was disoriented, weak and scarred to say the least. His scars had healed for the most part though, if he had to step foot in Sylva again, he may lose himself again. At least he had overcome his fear of water. Thankfully, the water dweller did not seem to inhabit any more of Beqanna's waters. The ebony equine sighs as he steps out of the treeline and onto the sunbathed bank of the River.

The leanly muscled stallion comes to a halt as his hooves sink into the damp and fertile soil along the waterbed. Bronze-tipped lobes listen to the rustle of fall foliage and the purring of the clear water before him. He soon marches to the edge of the bank until the cool liquid laps at his coronet bands. Fatty crest stretches to extend whiskered muzzle to the babbling surface. Once rubbery labrums feel the water against them, lips purse to draw the thirst-quenching fluid down his throat. Jesper takes a sip then lifts his poll to look about. He swallows his mouthful and then, repeats the process several more times.

With his acquired thirst, from his travels so-far, quenched, the ebony equine retreats to the grassy bank along the River. Jesper begins to sample the lush grass until a familiar perfume floods his nostrils. Marred poll snaps upright and aquamarine gaze searches the scene to see if his memory is playing tricks on him. Clear-as-day, there she stood. Steed fixates upon her unmistakenable pelt - opal blue - with a mane and tail as vibrant as the Ischian sunsets and, a pair of light pink wings. He had not seen her since - well, he could not remember exactly when the last time was.

As the light breeze ruffles her feathers and tresses, making him realize she really is standing there, Jesper snaps out of his trance. He calls out her name and, without so much as waiting for her to acknowledge or, recognize him, the steed bounds towards her; towards the first lady to earn his respect. A warm smile spreads across his rubbery lips as he approaches. A few strides away he slides to a halt just in time to not run her over. He wants to embrace her; to prove that this elated feeling is real. Although, he hesitates on the basis of not wanting to blur the line between admiration and old friends. He settles for a slightly squeakier than desired tone fo his greeting. "Sabra! It really has been too long. How have you been?"
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Sabra]
    I hadn't hung around. The scent of plumeria and sea salt still clung to my skin when I made my way to the river, away from the anger-spurred actions that had drawn me to Ischia in the first place. Now I stood at the river's edge, breathing thinly and feeling mounting regret dance behind my breast. I'd been petty and vengeful, fucking only for the knowledge it would hurt.

I had found myself in many corners of the world re recently, for as many reasons. Yet still none felt like home quite like the river always had. If today's indiscretion bore the results I suspected it might, then this was where I wanted to bear it. This was where the twins had been born, and I knew them to be my pride. Hopefully... hopefully this wouldn't be another failed attempt at motherhood. 

Gazing at the imperfect mirror of the river's surface, I watched my face tremor with the water's motion. Blue as the summer sky, fine boned, scars that crisscrossed my visage and flickered in subtle harmony with the rainbows that fractured my skin. I looked so different, and yet not much had changed. I wasn't sure that I recognized the mare looking back at me. Haloed in fire, with a frozen soul. Mother would be proud. 

So absorbed in my reverie was I that I did not hear approaching hoofbeats, did not register my name. A cool breeze raised hairs on my spine, and the motion in the corner of my vision made me start. A black form, a familiar face from a past I felt so disconnected from. 

"Jesper," I said, a wavering smile on my lips. The hard shell I keep carefully constructed almost always begins to crack at his open joy in seeing me. "I've been stupid. I've been really stupid, and I don't know how to fix it." I want to be a pillar of strength, the unbreakable queen. But right now... I throw propriety and image to the wind, and embrace him hard. My slim neck curving against his shoulders, undone by touch that isn't laced with anger or mistrust. He's warm and solid and real. A friend, when I needed one most. 

@[Jesper]