• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

squeeze me, I dare you [Reia]
    In addition to recruiting, Juice figures, as a diplomat, he should socialize with Sylva's neighboring lands. The bay splash is bound and determined to earn his keep. He would prove to the hound that he is worthy of sticking around. And so, on this refreshing autumn morning, the lanky limbed steed heads east towards Loess. Ivory hooves navigate the tree roots that cross the leaf-littered trail with ease. All four limbs, which bear tall white stockings, march a casual pace beneath lean chassis. Soot-dyed mane and tail are finally beginning to thicken as the young male nears his fourth year. The remainder of his physique has yet to fill-in though, he is by no-means undernourished.

The autumn day star sparkles through the holes in the fiery canopy above. As he nears the eastern border, the number of trees dwindle and the amount of light increases. His pupils constrict to account for the brighter surroundings and, Juice blinks a few extra times as his eyes adjust. Before long, the young lad stands in the dense bed of vines and underbrush at the edge of the Sylvan forest. The landscape shifts dramatically from shadows and trees to rocky hills bathed in sun and, outcroppings of various greenery. He permits himself to take a thorough sweep of the grounds. Upon seeing no-one, he calls out to anyone who might be close enough to hear.

After all, he had only been on one other kingdom visit and, a resident had been there to greet them. Should be proceed? He could not see the harm in taking a few steps forward. He had announced himself, right? Lean haunches engage to push young male back into motion. A careful stride carries him around the divets and rocky bumps until he stands atop a nearby hill. Here, the tri-colored lad keeps his beady gaze upon the horizon for any signs of movement. He assumes a guarded position atop the knoll; however, the warmth of the sun feels good upon his spine. Tufted lobes listen for the drumming of approaching footfalls or, any return calls (whether in greeting or warning). 

@[Reia]

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

Silent, like mother (like a hunter). Her eyes are narrowed in intense observation of the outsider. While he takes pause at their border, he proceeds beyond tradition and dives further into the embrace of Loess. Reia so badly wants to crouch and roll her shoulders preparedly like mother, but she is limited. Her wings slowly shift at her sides and her head dips down.

She is above him, standing on a rocky outcropping blanketed with moss. While she had been inclined to meet him at the border, Reia’s hesitation forced her to bide time. The Sylvan lurks and observes the landscape interestedly.

Still, she says and does nothing.
    Not until he crests a hill and begins looking around.

A slow turn of her head keeps him well within her sight. Her shadow merges with the towering rocks which is all he sees while traversing her home. In the time he scrutinizes Loess, Reia is drinking in the scent and sight of him, noting the lines of his developing muscles and the curious brightness of his eyes. Even something as meager as his walking pace piques her interest until he stops with the sunlight soaking his skin.

With a quick opening of her wings, she glides down to meet him, but not in a traditional and polite manner.

The moment her hooves alight, she lurches forward a stride or two and shoves her chest into his left hindquarter, having approached from behind as mother always taught her. In quick succession, she nips at him with her jagged teeth. ”You there, intruder!” She shouts after retracting from her nip, her slender legs reeling her back a step or two to allow her vibrant, silver eyes to fall across his face. ”It’s rude for you to barge in like this,” she slips toward his forehand despite how he reacts, but then she glances to the left, then right, then back to level on his expression. ”It’s a good thing I found you before anyone else. They would’ve eaten you,” although no longer a spindly-legged foal, she is still young, still feral. ”I’m a little nicer than that. I’ll give you a chance to explain yourself before taking another bite.” And despite the mild threat, she offers a jagged, predatory smile.

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Juice]