• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

your mouth is poison; any
    love is a temporary madness...
    The momentary nature of the glass mare is something the red mare would have a difficult time imagining. For her, time has become eternal. Days had begun to blend into weeks, weeks into years. So much had passed and yet she remained. And then she had come to the Dale, and a choice had been made. A choice which allows her serve for as long as her mind would hold. And here she remains, ever the steadfast servant. Where the fragile woman had made peace with the fact that any day could be her last, Elysteria had made peace with the fact that she would always go on. Many believe eternal life to be a gift. She knows differently.

As the mare tells them her name on a soft breath, she cannot help the surge of protectiveness that fills her. Perhaps Adaline does not wish to be cosseted in the way that Elysteria imagines she often is, but the concern is as much a part of her as the glass is a part of Adaline. It is something she doubts she will ever be able to put aside. Her instinct is protect, just as it is to breath, to eat, to survive. She could easily recognize the errancy of this instinct (after all, she had failed her daughter in such a way that it could not have been made more clear). Even so, she could not so easily rid herself of it.

As the mare continues speaking with a ruffle of tattered wings, Elysteria’s russet gaze remains fixed upon her. She sees the barely there smile as she responds with a second, softer smile at her words. She could well understand the sentiment. There had been many times in Elysteria’s life that she had not known what she was searching for. It was not until she had found the Dale again after so many years that she had felt true purpose in her life.

“I would be happy to try. I would like to start by offering you a home. The Dale is quite unique in that it is one of the best places in which to find your true self and purpose.”

After the recent shifting and growing of the kingdoms, this has never been truer. Though the Dale’s newly discovered spring is still largely a secret, the girl would discover its value and self-discovery attributes soon enough should she choose to join her.
    elysteria
    image c nadyabird.deviantart.com; html c Insane

OOC: I know this is out of order, but I wanted to get it done before I leave. I hope you guys don't mine.

Messages In This Thread
    your mouth is poison; any - by adaline - 07-16-2015, 12:05 AM
    RE: your mouth is poison; any - by Engelsfors - 07-16-2015, 05:24 AM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 07-16-2015, 03:52 PM
    RE: your mouth is poison; any - by Aletheia - 07-16-2015, 10:35 PM
    RE: your mouth is poison; any - by adaline - 07-18-2015, 03:34 PM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 07-20-2015, 05:34 PM
    RE: your mouth is poison; any - by Engelsfors - 07-23-2015, 04:45 AM
    RE: your mouth is poison; any - by Aletheia - 07-28-2015, 10:58 PM