• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Do you feel alive | any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    To be honest, not continuing to point it out might have been the best thing right now, that she could do. It might be awkward to discuss his emotional rollercoaster with the daughter of his rival, one might say. Instead, she reacts to his assumptions about her recruiting today that perhaps it's best - no weak horses being welcome in Sylva. Leilan has a different opinion about that; all horses, if poked the right way, if given the space to grow, had some type of strength to them. But if she thought differently, then he's not here to chance her morals and everything she knows, really.

There's something comforting about talking to someone who doesn't, honestly, really care about you - spill it and move on. Especially with someone so brunt as Mary. She may not mean to be a comfort, but to him it's all the comfort he wants and needs at the moment.

A small smirk follows. "Guess I should have known that you'd know all about only showing your strong side." He doesn't say so because he wants to be rude or anything, but really, considering her upbringing, he doubts she would ever have known differently. That's what Sylva did - what Arthas was - and what Rey perhaps had become, too, when he wasn't looking. But well - he couldn't be expected to keep track of everyone and keep them on a right path.

If only he was a little better at letting go, life might be so much easier for him.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Mary]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 02-12-2019, 11:56 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 02-12-2019, 07:27 PM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 02-19-2019, 11:28 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 03-05-2019, 10:04 PM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 03-09-2019, 07:20 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 03-13-2019, 08:20 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 03-16-2019, 10:55 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 03-16-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Leilan - 03-23-2019, 09:11 AM
    RE: Do you feel alive | any - by Mary - 04-02-2019, 08:26 AM