• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[holiday party] Umbra
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

Like hell, he wasn't gonna have fun. That's what parties were for. He was young and gorgeous and he knew exactly who knew it.

He lifted into the air, gliding over the festivities until he reached her, swooped right down and landed beside her with his shoulder pressed into hers and head stretched out to take in her scent. "Hello there, stranger. Long time no see." He wanted to smile for her but couldn't seem to manage one just yet, straightening instead and watching her face. She knew him well enough that she'd know he was upset and trying to hide it, tuck it away under a cool mask when normally he was so open and smiling.

"What do you want to see of this party first?" he asked, offering his bent wing out for her like a gentleman. "Have you seen snow before?" He didn't think the rest of the family had. Not on their island home, for sure. And not this island home either, until now.

"I'm yours tonight." He hadn't been, but he definitely was now. "Whatever you want to do, just say the word and I'm on it. So long as I get at least one dance before the night is over." But of course she'd be glad to. He looked over to her with a slightly softer mouth, less firm and upset. Then he let his eyes take in her gorgeous colors, admiring her from head to toe before leading them away.

"We're gonna have a damn good time tonight."

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy
    Khar was right, the island life was fantastic. Sand, sun, the gorgeous breeze playing in her hair and stroking her feathers, coaxing a smile onto her face. Warm and lovely even in the middle of Beqanna’s winter, and even better, he lived here. She couldn’t help the sappy grin that crept onto her face, turning up the corners of her lips. He was pretty damn hot, and an absolute sweetheart, and when he smiled he lit up the whole island. Maybe those smiles were rarer these days, but he’d been through a lot, and it just made them even more precious when they did show up.

So she dressed up in winter colors for him, trading in her black and orange for swirls of icy silvers and bold blues, with a highly kissable trail of snowy white spots along her neck and sprinkled suggestively over her shoulders, her back, her hips. Her mane, tail, and wings faded out to white, and she shook herself as if to resettle into her newly painted skin. And she finished just in time for him to fly in, press his sexy shoulder to hers, and breathe her in like he’d missed her scent. He didn’t smile when he murmured a greeting, so she figured it was a rough day and resolved to do her best to make it better, or at least distract him with some fun for a few hours.

“Hi, Khar,” she answered with a grin, dark eyes lighting up as she drank in his perfection. God, he was so damn gorgeous, all that glorious purple and white splashing across his skin leaving lines she wanted to trace with her lips. A soft blush warmed her cheeks, her heart kicking into high gear at his nearness and leaving her brave enough to steal a quick kiss to the corner of his mouth.

“You’re looking extra handsome tonight.” She brushed the edge of her wing against his, a thrill rushing through her at the touch. “I definitely wanna dance with you, we should start there. I’ve seen snow before, but it’s always lovely, isn’t it? So soft and bright, blanketing the world and making everything look new.” Inviting playful feet to frolic through it, adventurous bodies to roll in it, children to play, adults to forget themselves and join right in. There was a special kind of magic to newly fallen snow, and no one she’d rather share it with. “Mmm, you wanna fly with me?”