• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  We're slow dancing in a burning room; Any
    alvorr
    The sky was most definitely getting clearer by the minute, dark and monotonous clouds slowly advancing further north as the warming breeze began to sweep everything away, small blooms of flowers rising atop the growing grass, each individual displaying itself in a venerated manner. 
    Atop all this growth stood a spotted stallion, a creamy-white mane decorating the top of his thick, creased neck. His eyes weirdly coloured, a mix of emerald green and a sort of deep sea blue. The stallion is calm, his senses slowly dwindling as he was becoming sleepy, the constant walking around the field becoming rather mechanical, the unvaried activity of grazing and sleep. An honestly boring activity, even the thought of it was bothersome to him.

His lumbering body began to move, stretching his legs in a dreary way. The morning was horrible, the call of thousands of birds waking the young stallion at first light, simply bothersome. All the residential noise was just too much, the chatter of deer and other creature becoming thunderous to his ears, his languid movements silent as he picked up a trot, moving calmly at a steady pace, his back stretching as he lifted his head.
    After a bit of pacing back and forth in a bored manner, the stallion halted, his legs sliding forward and his rump sliding high into the air, his spine twisting and cracking in a satisfactory manner "That's a lot better" he whispered in his sharp tone, his body aimlessly flopping around the field in a tired manner.
    " darling. we're slow dancing in a burning room. "
    Nazariy's sides quivered with anxiety and possibility. He had travelled far, and it showed in the young colt's stride, the way his legs seemed to stutter under his own weight; the way his reflexes lagged. It was clear that Nazariy was exhausted, but he never let himself stop.

Every flower dragged on his attention, but eventually caught his notice. The air carried the soft scents of flowers and fruits in bloom. Most striking, however, was the scattering of horse-scent, so long forgotten in his pursuit of the New. He didn't know where he had wandered, but he knew that this was different, that this was a crusade of his own future, a future that belonged to him and only him.

Despite his attention to the world around him, he nearly found himself nearly stumbling over the form of the stallion that laid in the grass. He jumped back with a lithe twist, his little yelp of surprise piercing his ears. "I apologise, sir!" he said, his heart pounding at the possibility of a scolding.
    alvorr
    His body is languid as it stirrs in the field, softly swaying alog with the caress of the wind, his mane softly falling down toward his face, his eyes not particularly focused on anything when out of nowhere he hears a rather large amount of commotion next to him.
    The spotted stallion turns to face the younger male with a confused, starry look, his brow raised as he gathered himself "Sir? How old do you think I am?" he taunted, his strict voice quickly errupting into a stream of laughter, quickly followed by a softer tone "No worries, how may I help you?" he asks, an inquisitive tilt in the posture of his neck as he poses the question, a smile finding its way onto his stern expression.

He didn't think he would have met anyone quite yet, a rather pleasant surprise to his usual lonely lifestyle.
    He moves his body comfortably, stretching himself infront of the stranger, his eyes closed as his muscles click silently, his eyes perked on the stranger as he steadied his body, a yawn emerging from the male.
    @[Nazariy]
    Nazariy twitched a little, his voice feeling foreign; his eyes feeling foreign. It had been days, weeks since he had seen another of his kind, anything other than the birds and rabbits and lonely creatures that made up the journey between there and here. His ears pricked a little as the stallion spoke and he tipped his head, listening to what the spotted male said. His good ear was kept forward, but he disguised his uneven hearing as best he could.

The other horse spoke, and Nazariy snorted in a small rush of embarrassment. "You are older than myself, there is no doubt," he said in reference to the limbs that were still slightly thin from foalhood, his muscles not wholly developed. "I did not mean to disturb you from your rest, I apologise." Nazariy watched the other horse, near-stallion, and hummed. "Have you travelled far?"
    alvorr
    The stallion stands calmly as he watches over the younger male, his response not what he was expecting "That's not particularly what I meant by that" he laughed slightly, his eyes focused on his.
    "You did not disturb me, I wasn't resting. I'm just tired, that is all" He adds, the other stallion seems timid, but Alvorr was good at changing that quite quickly.
    "I usually stay around here, so, I haven't travelled at all. What is your name? If I may ask you of that" The novelty of exchanging first friendships was a sweet one to Alvorr, something he was always quite happy to participate in.

As he waits he watched over the field, it seems quite quiet today, he is unsure of why. The place is usually sprawling with horses and other creatures, but today it has all faded.
    Sorry for the rather short reply
    The colt was slightly embarrassed at his own timidness. He glanced away when the other stallion laughed, and Nazariy let out a sigh between his teeth, closing his eyes and knowing that this was something that would be a footnote on the way he was viewed. Closing his eyes for a moment, Nazariy laid down one fact he could gather, that he could construct himself to be- a jokester, a fool who played for others. He could play that role easily, could act easily. When you had nothing, when you were nothing, that was only ever fuel for what one could be in the future. He imagined someone had told him that, once.

The stallion asked for Nazariy's name, and for a moment he was stunned into silence. Then he remembered the name that had formed on his tongue, when he had come to the awareness of himself all those miles ago. With nothing belonging to him, he had known that something would have to be constructed to fill the hole within him, and so he had started with the name. Cruising along the paths toward this land, slowly moving toward this field in a land with endless promise, he had listened and smelt and tasted. He had felt syllables beneath his tongue. Prefixes and suffixes and middles colliding beneath his teeth: Cash-, and Tar- and -Riel. Cashriel, Cashtar, Tariel. None of them had been right.

Then the slow flow of an N, dipping into the sharp shallows of an -az, dipping up over the consonant and back into the vowel. Nazariy. The name filled his mouth like a promise.

After what seemed like days but must only have been seconds, the colt clearing his throat and announcing the harsh, soft word. "Nazariy." He allowed himself to relax, letting out a long, low sigh. "May I ask of yours?" his voice was quiet and respectful.
    alvorr
    Alvorr stares at the stallion with a rather blank expression, his face painted with black spots, his eyes staring as his face began to smile.
    The younger male had quite an interesting name, one that peaked the curiosity of Alvorr, a name that he had never heard of.

"My name is Alvorr" he says, the words rolling off of his tongue, his name spoken of in a proud sense, even if there was nothing to be proud of.
    The stallion quickly diverges his attention from his name though, pulling the centre of his brain together to focus on the conversation "Where have you come from?" he seemed slightly weary, or maybe that's just how Alvorr percieved most beings.

If he had travelled, Alvorr wondered where from, especially since the male was younger.
    Alvorr hadn't done much exploring or travelling himself, he was used to sticking alone once his family left, so in a sense, even speaking to others was like exploration to him.
    My writing is doing a weird thing today so apologies lol
    Nazariy watched the stallion with a fair amount of interest. The stallion's name was Alvorr, and Nazariy could almost feel his brain working to stow the knowledge away in the far corners of his mind. It didn't take much for Nazariy to recognise the pride in Alvorr's words. He seemed like a stallion whose name belonged to him in a fully rebellious, reclaimed way.

Nazariy wondered where his companion had come from, this kind and tired stranger ending up in a field that seemed to speak of much presence, of being at points populated. He wondered why Alvorr had chosen this place to attempt to rest. Where do you come from? Nazariy nearly cursed, considering that was the question that plagued him in turn. He forced himself to speak. "I come from a seaside kingdom, a few thousand miles from here. It's called Jularius." He smiled.
    alvorr
    Alvorr did not know of the plague quite yet, his brain too tied up in other things to put all the pieces together. The constant quiet still an eerie reminder to him as he stalls his speech, his mind already drifting to sleep, only snapping back as Nazariy began to speak again, his voice seeping into his thoughts, tapping into the inner wirings of his complicated processor.

"What, oh, sorry" he shakes his head, his eyes fluttering violently as he looked toward the other male, a yawn escaping his muzzle "I am from nowhere really, I just wander" he speaks, his tone slowly exiting his lungs "I was born outside of Beqanna, left my herd and family to go explore" he yawns again, this time more violently "But damn, exploring is tiring" he chuckles lightly as he moves next to the other stallion who is still speaking "Jularius, huh" it sounds like something that would be fun to explore, a new place he had never heard of in his short life.

The male then darts his head back toward the stranger "Hey, since there is so many lands in Beqanna, why don't we explore a little and find someplace to settle" perhaps the proposition is rather forward having only met his new friend, but the stallion is already awake as he stands up, the feeling of tiring headaches leaving almost instantly "What do you say to that, sir" he smiles teasingly as he stands in front of him with a smile.
    Nazariy listened to the quiet around them, the sound of complete stillness. Of all the things he had payed attention to, this was the one that chilled him the most. He found himself glad to have the other stallion nearby. He knew that he would have been able to go weeks, months without seeing a soul before, but the sudden silence made him realise how alone the world was. He looked closer at this companion.

Alvorr. It meant 'elf' in a language Nazariy didn't know. He looked like a noble horse, an honest soul. "How long have you been here?" he said, watching the colt with friendliness and patient caution. He knew that his words would probably be deemed insane, if he were to say "You say you come from nowhere, but you don't know the last of it." "I don't really know where anything is. You're the first horse I've talked to in months" he looked a little self conscious. "And yes, it's a beautiful place. It always smells of seawater."

Then the male spoke again, and Nazariy felt a pulse of panic in his chest. But he knew nothing, and what better way to fix nothing than to join someone else. Find it out. "You really want me to join you? I know nothing. I'm only two."