• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lead me into the dark and I shall follow; Any

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

Valdis sidesteps, certainly not above a slight startle upon seeing a stark white fox emerge from the forest. Its thick coat is suitable for the winter, but its stark, porcelain color is a beacon. For a long moment, she watches it and wonders how it came about or even how Ruinam crossed paths with it. An intrigued hum vibrates through her core before switching her attention back to the stallion. ”Quite the pair you make,” both white, almost like best friends, ”It’s cute how you match.” A light, airy chuckle slips sweetly from her and a smile brushes like paint across her pretty face. Somehow, through even their shallow conversation, she cannot help but enjoy his company more than anticipated. For some odd reason, she has an inclination to joke with him as she hasn’t with anyone else.

”I guess I was boring, so you called in reinforcements?” The fox, she implies with a short nod in the direction of the small hunter. A quiet scrutiny notes how focused Ruinam is on his companion, and she assumes they can somehow communicate. In the past few days, she has noted an ability to understand reptiles, but she hasn’t pursued it or delved more into it. Such a sudden change deters her, but perhaps after witnessing Ruinam with his fox, it may be worth investigating further.

With a contemplative sigh and a glance to find an opening in the canopy, Valdis attempts to formulate a reason for the Queen’s displeasure. Her mind reels, thumbing through ideas and assumptions. Nothing stands out to her notably, but it’s worth making guess, if not as a game of sorts. ”Who knows,” she finally admits with a roll of her lean shoulders. The gentleness of her stare falls back on him, searching for a reaction. ”Sinner brought me here. I do work, but I think she doesn’t trust his intentions,” and then with a sly grin she adds, ”Or, maybe she’s jealous.”

Valdis

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Lead me into the dark and I shall follow; Any - by Valdis - 01-21-2019, 09:43 PM