• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stranger in this land; colby pony
    Sochi

darling, you're wild-eyed, empty, and tongue-tied
    maybe you need me or maybe you don't

He is interesting enough as a conversation that she dismisses the possibility of him as a meal—although there are worse things than working your jaw on bones and sucking out the marrow. Still, she lets the hunger subside, working its way down from a rolling boil to a mere simmer as she tucks her chin closer into her chest, her silvery eyes considering him from beneath the swath of smoky black forelock.

“She has decided to spare you for now,” she corrects, although there is no malice in her words. After all, who is he to say that this conversation would not go sour? Who is to say she would not change her mind? And, if she was not to bring his demise, there are other dangers out in the world still.

It would be foolish to pretend otherwise.

She lets it slide though, whether he agrees with her correction or not, and instead watches as he inches slightly closer. Her lips peel back in a quick warning but she settles again, not upset by his proximity but not willing to let him domesticate her in his view. “I had no specific prey in mind,” she says easily, rolling a muscled, scarred shoulder. “I am able to find all types of game during evenings such as this.”

Some smaller, like wild rabbits, and other times larger.

She eyes him for a moment.

Much larger.

“What of you?” She realizes then that it sounds like she was asking him what he was hunting for and the thought curls a corner of her lip in sardonic humor, amused with her own joke although she doesn’t bother to voice it aloud. “What brings a…horse?” her voice tilts slightly up in question, “like you out here?”

playing the slow rooms, howling at half moons
    if you are a Queen then, honey, I am a wolf

@[Nightlock]
    [Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 01-04-2019, 10:50 PM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 01-16-2019, 12:19 AM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 01-30-2019, 10:40 PM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 02-17-2019, 09:09 PM
    RE: stranger in this land; colby pony - by sochi - 03-06-2019, 01:13 AM