• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To stir the sound, of silence [kiddies;any]

My life is a struggle, at first.

My mother tries so very hard to deliver me in one push, but I am large for her petite body. I take my time to emerge, unable to do anything about the situation myself. When I am born, I first glimpse my mother, a butter hued mare. Her mane falls in cascades of purples and blues down her neck, she is all things warm and inviting. She gives me a name, 'Tioga', I like it. I also like her words, the sounds thick and sweet, so different from the other voices that surround me. I also learn mother's name this day, Wichita, and a friend, Reuen. The other mare is like me smelling of life, of blood, but she is much bigger. My coat is black, dark as the starless nights when the moon is hiding. I have no marks to adorn my hide, but my eyes shine. Brown, like mother, except the hue different. Where mother's eyes are like hot chocolate, mine are like a brand new copper penny, sometimes mother avoids my gaze.

It is nice here, everything is green, and warm. The smells so strong, of grass,clover, and earth. Here all things are green, the ground I stand on upon wiry black legs. The trees that shade my heated backside, I am happy here. 

I am curious though, of the others, horses that we share these lands with. Hides covered in splashes, some infused with colors from the sky. There are babes here as well, little ones like myself. My mother tells me this is our herd, our family. I am at first unable to quench my thirst for interactions, my legs too wobbly, I depend on my mother a great deal. Now though, I find my legs stronger, I tire less, and require milk less often. Today I venture out, though not truly far from mother. Still, it is progress, my leaving, relying on myself to trudge through the grasses to find company. I nicker to the others, to the children. Hello , I call, a bit half heartedly. I am still shy, and the world is so new, I wonder if the others will like me. 

html by Call
    [Image: Tioga.png]

From the moment of his birth Sahm feels utter contentment. He knows both his mother and father love him. He knows his sister is precious, and he knows that he is home. It takes him awhile to find freedom beyond his mother. She is warm and filled with kisses. She helps him stand on his thin, spindly legs. She even matches his black and white sabino coat. The blue tint to his fur comes from his dad, the one filled with strength and a deep voice.

On this day Sahm decides that he cherishes his family, but there is far more in the kingdom than he has been introduced to. Heaven’s Gates is filled with tons of trees, pools of water- all of which he had not had an opportunity to explore just yet. So with a momentary stumble Sahm sets off from his mother and sister.

While twirling in a patch of tall grass in a short game of “catch the tail” he hears a small voice. He hesitates. The voice is not familiar although it sounds much like his sisters. Sahm steps forward and looks beyond the tall blades. Out of the side of his eye he spots a black filly. ”Hello?” Sahm’s voice squeaks in response. ”Who are you?” She may have been a girl, but she surely wasn’t his sister.

sahm
    thoughtful son of jason and fiasko

She loves her parents and her brother. She really does. But they’re just so … so … boring. They’re all so lovey-dovey and peaceful. There’s no adventure there!

So, when she has the chance, she runs off. She roams around the kingdom, exploring every little nook and cranny she can find. She finds much to interest her - hiding places, little pools and streams to swim in, and wild animals that she’s never seen before. All of course, far more exciting than her family. She runs until she tires and, dragging her heels, returns to the more open places of the kingdom.

She’s considering returning to her mother, when two scents catch her interest. One is her brother (she certainly knows that scent well enough by now), but the other unknown. It’s familiar in a way - she’s smelled it before around the kingdom - but she has no idea whom it belongs to. So of course, she has to investigate.

She finds them quickly and is excited to find her little brother (she’s a few minutes older!) standing with another foal. Yes! Someone else to play with!

She prances up to the quiet pair, shoving a rough shoulder against her twin as she comes to a stop beside him. “Hellooooo!” She takes a step forward and peers closely into the black filly’s copper eyes. “Who’re you?!” A wide grin crosses her face. “I’m Sidra, and this,” she nips gently at her brother, “is Sahm.” Her dark eyes turn back to the strange filly. “Do you want to play a game?”

Sidra

the wild child of jason x fiasko

[Image: sidraandsahm_zps0fabjlj2.gif]

I am not sure what I was expecting. I had called out to the others myself, inviting them over, yet I dip into the tall grasses. My attempt at hiding is for naught, the blackness of my hide could never be hidden by the green stalks. I notice how silly I am being and tentatively peek back up, peering at two goals like myself. My copper penny eyes look at them curiously, carefully.

The first one to speak is a boy, a splash if colors on his little form. Some is black the birds I have seen flying through the trees, the other half is the sky blue backdrop they soar against. My tiny plume wiggles at his soft, friendly greeting."Hi." I manage my voice hardly raising. "I'm Ti-.." my reply is cut short as another foal steps forward.

This one is louder than the other, more confident and wild. She looks almost the way mother looks now, a dark coat with light mane and tail, except the foal has no markings around her eyes. Her name is given, 'Sidra' and she even introduces the boy to me 'Sahm'. I take a bit of comfort in this, peeping ever so slightly to them both.

"I'm Tioga" I lend them my name as it seems to be the thing to do."Yeah I'd like to play,"I respond to the other girl, as she had offered. I think a game would be fun, though I do not know many. Sometimes mother will play a game of chase with me, to make my legs stronger. She would even let me win, even if she pretended not to run fast, I knew she could. 

"Do you know a game?" I ask, looking at them both.

html by Call

Sidra pops out of nowhere before Sahm can even fully manage his hello. He sloppily stumbles to the side when she bombards him with a hefty tag. A light huff can be heard exiting his lips as he straightens up his stance, certainly embarrassed in front of the new filly. ”Ssiiiiddrraaa!” He lowly moans while staring at his sister with pleading eyes. Do not embarrass me again, sis! Sahm had yet to fully learn how to manage his disproportionate body. Sidra, on the other hand, seemed like she had everything all put together. So put together that she doesn’t give Sahm a chance to introduce himself. She does it for him with a proper nip to his side, which hurts far more than Sahm would like his sister to know.

A part of him wants to pout or run back to his mother, but instead Sahm slaps a brave face on and turns to face the black filly with a mustered smile. ”Tioga” Sahm gently repeats. ”A game?” Sahm speaks again, but this time with an uncertain gulp tagging on to the end of his question mark. He weakly glances over to Sidra, surely she would have a more direct answer.
    sahm
    thoughtful son of jason and fiasko

Another giggle escapes her as her brother stumbles, huffing at her audacity. But she spares him no more thought, other than to flash him a cheeky grin, before fixing her dark eyes on the filly in front of them. The girl is a little quiet for her taste, she decides, but with the number of willing playmates in the kingdom restricted to one other (and eeww it's her brother), she's left with no other choice. They're just going to have to become friends. Best friends even.

She makes a split second decision. "Weeeell, do you know how to play hide and seek?" What she reeeeally wants to do is play tag, but she's going to be kind and not embarrass them with her superior running skills just yet. Mother should be proud.

She doesn't even give Tioga the chance to reply and launches into an eager explanation. "Someone has to be 'it,' and everyone else hides, and then the person who's it has to find them!" She prances on the spot, grinning. "It's a lot of fun! Whaddya guys think?" She decides that, to sweeten the pot, she'll even be a little generous. "I can even be 'it' the first time. Then all yah have to do is hide!"
    [Image: sidraandsahm_zps0fabjlj2.gif]

The dark one, the one with the pale hair is bold, unlike me. I watch her as she glances sidelong at her brother, a domineering energy. I offer a gentle smile to the boy ‘Sahm’ she called him, after he repeats my name. My eyes trace over his speckles, forming shapes from the clusters, silhouettes of animals and objects. He was nice, and I was sure we would get along, even if we didn’t play a game. We would probably have been just as content to sit quietly, and enjoy each other’s company. I felt bad that she had pushed him out of her way, but I understand what it is to be meek. I would have just as easily been disregarded, though doubtful I would have voiced any objection. I tried not to be over zealous with my sympathy, quickly pretending it had never happened so as not to cause any further mortification.

Sidra is quick to suggest a game, one I hadn’t played before. I listen intently as she explains the method of play, my plume twisting, a small gesture of my excitement. I wasn’t so outgoing, but I found myself wishing I could so easily interact with others. The girl was my opposite, where I seemed to struggle she excelled. I wasn’t yet aware of the distemper twisting in my gut, the storm of emotion I would struggle to keep at bay. The cynical thoughts that would blister my brain, forming a riff between me and those I was close to.

She even offered to go first, and my interest was peaked. “Yeah, okay. Hide and Seek.” I nod in my acceptance, my copper orbs falling on Sahm, I hoped he would want to play too. I could probably use some help deciding where to hide, and he seemed quiet enough as to not give us away. “What about you Sahm?”

html by Call