• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What Is A Man With No Honor? |Any|
    What Is A Man With No Honor

The young colt who was nearing one was feeling as adventurous as ever. He was able to successfully slip away from Sylva without his sister detecting it. A smile tugs at his lips at the thought of his success.

He decides the forest would be the safest area to go, it was close enough to Sylva should he need to return quickly. Yet far enough away that he could meet an equine outside of the southern border.

As he reaches the forest the scenery was already different from Sylva. The forest remained lush and green with pine trees, a sweet auroma lingered in the air. A gentle blanket of snow covered the forest, Sylva had yet to get any, the kingdom was bare, all the gorgeous colored leaves had crumbled to a dead brown. The green and white colt matched his surroundings, blending in well for a peaceful day out. 

[corban]

Yea...I hate starters

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

Reia is unbridled and untamed. She frequently wanders from her parents in search of adventure and to test her own limits. It had been the River when she inhaled her first lungful of air, then the Playground where she met another girl. Now, a forest engulfs her. The trees stand sentinel high above, towering over her with gnarled, twisted branches. A plague, she has overheard, but the instruction to flee escapes her.

Nothing will hurt me, she thinks with the expected arrogance of a child.
    I am a predator.
    (Foolish girl)

Like the blue flame crackling along her crest, Reia’s eyes light up when they see the viridian and white boy. Not family, she tells herself just as she had with the girl. Prey? Friend? Uncertain and inexperienced, she creeps forward with hushed footsteps. In her chest, the rhythm of her heart tangoes. Pin-like teeth peek out of her gums as she stares down the boy curiously. Remnants of dry, cracked blood cling to her lips from her last scavenged meal, and yet the thrill of a new face elicits an inner hunger.

Reia charges at him quickly with her bottle-length tail elevated in delight. Her last attempt to sneak had been futile, and so she barrels through the snow in an approach entirely opposite. ”HI!” She just barely shouts the word before slamming into him and nipping at his ears with her small, jagged teeth. Maybe, just maybe, the boy has blood like the squirrel she ate. Would that make him delicious, too?

From the exertion of her run, Reia huffs the cool air, her silver eyes rolling to observe how he reacts, because her greeting was normal, right?

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia
    He was young and naive, he could learn a thing or two from his older sister. He still thought no harm could come to him, he never learned to look out and be aware of his surroundings.

Instead he blindly travels through the forest, his consequence? Being charged, his head whips around as he hears another barreling towards him. As his eyes set on a cremello tobiano filly similar to his own age he feels safer....but still unsure of the situation.

HI! the greeting echos into his ears just before she barrels into him, she nips at his ears and it was enough to draw blood. He does not know why but his body shifts into a crow the color of a midnight sky, what the he thinks to himself.

He instinctually caws at the girl and as she stands calmly looking at him he lowers himself to the ground. He doesn't know how he shifted to the crow in the first place but as he pictures his green legs and perfect hooves he opens his eyes back in his equine body. He glances at the girl with the confidence that this was a regular thing, but in reality he had no idea what the hell just happened.

Hey! You have some nerve! he scolds her, his displeasure apparent as he talks. Who taught you to do that! he snorts as his ear twitches when a small amount of blood trails down his ear.

@[Reia]

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

”You’re a BIRD?!” She clamors as her eyes watch his body condense and fold into itself until a crow takes his place. ”I bet you’re delicious,” drool immediately pools in her mouth, anticipating an easy meal until the crow contorts again and reverts into a horse. Reia ambles back in that moment, bewildered and concerned as her gaze scrutinizes him in expectance of another change, but it never comes. Instead, the boy reprimands her much like Eurwen in the Playground. An instant look of disgust crosses Reia’s face and her mane blazes in frustration along the gentle arch of her crest.

It would be easier to lash out, to bite into him and silence him, but she hesitates.
    Hesitation is a predator’s weakness.

By pausing and composing herself first, Reia loses the thrum of agitation as her fuel. It dissipates after a few breaths, her chest heaving until she has settled down enough to reply. Although her voice is level, it’s rigid and chilled to the bone. ”I’m a predator. That’s what I do,” she takes a slow step forward, closer to him, ”I eat things.” The crimson lining her lips is a deterrence to most. Not everyone is like her, she begins to think as she reads the shock on his face.

As a possible remedy, Reia clumsily tries to lick the residual blood from her mouth, offering a lopsided grin only when she assumes herself done. With a lack of interaction and inexperience in the social norm, she tries to somehow force a relationship on them. She is greatly unaware of her parent’s interactions. All she knows is that she was born and they were already standing above her with pointed smiles and talk of hunting. Is that all it is? Just a forced conversation that seals everything in proper place? Confident, she ruffles her wings before coolly saying, ”Now talk to me or I’ll eat you, too.”

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Corban]
    You're a bird! the words are loudly released from the girls mouth. She looks at him like a delicious blaze of grass, or in this case, a piece of meat. He cautiously stares at her, what in the world was she thinking?

She takes a few moments to respond to his questions. Startled, his tone was a bit harsher than his general response. But finally she responds, noting she is a predator and that eating things is what she does.

The green and white colt tilts his head, who in the hell raised this girl? Though he had to admit, that mind of hers seemed to fit perfectly within Sylva. The king was a hound afterall, and who knows what some of the other residents were.

Still, even though he was used to unusual and rough around the edge equines...they were his kingdom members, and she was a stranger. Her gaze had turned disinterested quickly, and he looks at her with disgust as she licks the drying blood from her lips.

Now talk to me or I'll eat you, she demands, but Corban will not be pushed around by anyone. Well then go ahead , he says with a snort. A bold move for not knowing anything about this young filly, what kingdom do you call home? He demands an answer of from her, turning the tables to his game.

@[Reia] OOC: just to get a better picture of her, does she have any dragon features visible?