• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

sinner;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

The enticement of his scent hooks her. He could reel her in like a fish, but she would not be an easy catch. Even as she hears him and breathes him in another time, Valdis doesn’t yet acknowledge him. Around her, the trees rustle with the soft breeze. A chill runs down the length of her spine, her body still battling fever and sickness. Somehow, she has been able to mask her symptoms with the exception of a periodic cough that scratches at the lining of her throat. Her weight has fluctuated as the plague tries to starve her, but perseverance has kept her in reasonable enough shape that when Sinner arrives, he would not be able to notice the struggles she has faced with the sickness.

Valdis, with her eyes dreamily drifting in a slow blink, turns to regard the hellhound with a coy grin tipping the corners of her mouth. Her gaze glimmers curiously, seeing him as a horse for the very first time. The musk that envelopes him, mixed with the hooded intensity of his stare, confirms his identity as he looms like a shadow. ”The wolf has shed his skin,” she comments airily as she pivots to face him. Her core rattles delightedly by how he says her name, but her expression doesn’t betray the electricity coursing through her veins.

She refuses to make anything too easy for him.

Sinner’s body heat radiates from his skin like fingers, stroking along Valdis with an allure that she struggles to ignore. A slow (unwilling) step peels her farther away from him, enjoying the sense of being untouched as his gaze roves hungrily across her. ”I thought I scared you away,” she quips with a gentle bout of laughter, knowing well that if anyone were to be afraid, it would be her. Valdis won’t make the mistake of completely trusting him – at least, she hopes not to fall entirely under his spell – because, like father, he is a monster, a predator. More bubbles on her tongue, tickling her and urging her to say more, but instead she chooses a road of silence as she observes him, memorizing every detail of his alternate body.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    sinner; - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 07:22 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-02-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-03-2019, 10:37 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-06-2019, 02:23 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-08-2019, 11:11 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-13-2019, 11:38 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-16-2019, 03:59 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-22-2019, 03:39 PM
    RE: sinner; - by Valdis - 01-23-2019, 10:04 AM
    RE: sinner; - by Sinner - 01-24-2019, 04:09 PM