• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  leave me in my winter [ here i am powerful ]

Forging friendships, he seemed to have a knack for it. Could be because he was undoubtedly kind and friendly to begin with, or perhaps the people he met were just too nice to shoot him down. To shoo him away and tell him to get lost, stop pestering them with his silver lining nonsense. Whatever the case might be, Scholar found an easy camaraderie with the other male, here as they looked out over the silent snow.

The beauty of the bleak and frigid landscape, time seemed to stop, suspend in the chill of the air. It was perfect, it made him feel welcome, lack of leader or not- he never much minded to delve too deep into the tiers of politics. Choosing to remain a bystander, a herd member if anything or a nomad as was more often the case.

It suited him, though he would be a wonderful addition to any hierarchy- if you asked him, but no one ever did.

“Oh of course, I quite agree, best of luck to all,” nodding his russet head and snorting a large breath into the air. It left in a puff of vapor, then was whisked away by the gentle breeze.

“I do wonder, how could there possibly be such a bid over a land of snow? Not that it isn’t a lovely place, I quite enjoy the cold. However, I don’t often run into those with my gifts, or suited to live in such a climate. Hmm, well, bother that I suppose.”

Sometimes he tends to answer his own questions, or draw suitable conclusions to his own thoughts, requiring little feedback. Though he always welcomes a different view, that’s how we learn, it was natural to explore the world with questions. He often did just that, eyes and ears tuned in.

“A change in temperature,” a quip perhaps, or he took it as one. “Yes it is very agreeable here, I think I may roam around a bit, at least until we have a suitor that sends me on my way.” This time a bit more cheeky, creating a slope of ice from the rise on which he stood, then sliding down it to the fresh flakes below.

“In any case, I delight in the wildlife and might stay just for that!” Foxes in suits of alabaster and snowy birds, their wings speckled in the most delightful of ways.

Scholar
    my philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice

@Leilan
    Mood board:  Scholar

Messages In This Thread
    RE: leave me in my winter [ here i am powerful ] - by Scholar - 01-03-2019, 04:30 PM