• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
    i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Velk/Litotes/any diplomats/leaders

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

Litotes is on this visit to rehearse for his future diplomatic trips. Not that he would not be capable without the guidance of his leaders, just that he feels more comfortable doing his first visit observationally. There is the opportunity for a lesson, but also the low level threat of the unknown. The cremello is not outwardly wary, but he does not fully trust the safe lands outside of Tephra and Silver Cove. Leilan certainly offers a friendly exterior though he cannot be the face of every creeping equine deeper within.

The thoughts of more sinister motives are on the forefront of his mind when the effects of Velk’s healing finally hits him. He blinks his golden eyes once, then twice, then over and over again in a rapid fashion: surprise and warmth blooming in his chest and washing comfortably over muscles he does not realize are tense. He smiles brilliantly at the healer who so resembles a night sky, not cured in the slightest but much stronger for the moment. A soft, awed “thank you” is all he can muster, a pained wish that he had some way to repay this gift crossing his eyes soon after.

Kagerus and Leilan exchange their speeches, each longer than the last. The Primarch is keen when they speak, sure to note the formality (though he does not feel business-like when he looks at the draconic stallion). The fact that the Isle does not have a leader yet forces a small cock of the cremello’s head, once curious gaze darkening: surely Nerine, if they so wish to name themselves a kingdom, should have sorted this by now? Surely they have the power to name a leader? Lie keeps those thoughts to himself, though, settling on the pride he can take in the way the East so quickly banded together. A smirk wants to crawl up his lips, but he resists it like he did his previous ponderings, not daring to draw any hostility from the land they are visiting.

The changing of Leilan’s eyes draws him back, a hair of a second long refocus on their speaking. The larger stallion speaks in what sounds like a forced neutral tone, his subject one that gives many an equine in Beqanna pause. At first, the cremello is understanding of his concern, but as he speaks he grows more agitated (though again, one would not be able to tell). The Icicle finishes - Litotes pauses for a moment, then ignores his last question (something he would leave up to Velk’s and Kagerus’ discretion) and speaks first:

“Again, they are peaceful experiments: you have nothing to worry about. There will be no dissonance but even if there were, the East could handle it well. We would not put something so delicate in the grasp of one we do not trust. As for the fairies . . . there is no harm in researching when they are not giving us tasks,” his smile is kind as he speaks, an exact opposite display of the biting tone he wishes he could take.

“I am sure I can speak for us all when I say we are so glad to hear Nerine is still interested in an alliance, though I would like to speak with Breckin as well after this meeting. Perhaps you can accompany me across the channel?” This last question is genuine: even through terse land relations he would like to get know Leilan a little better, as a better diplomatic relation or even just as friends.

Lie draws silent, wondering if they will offer healers, or even address the question at all.

Litotes

@[Kagerus] @[Velk] @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Velk/Litotes/any diplomats/leaders - by litotes - 01-02-2019, 01:44 PM