• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
    i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Velk/Litotes/any diplomats/leaders
    do you ever wonder...
    ...do you ever dream?

The two-toned stallion often found himself at Kagerus' side these days. He felt purposeful when helping her with day-to-day duties and, prefered her company to patrolling along. Of course, he would do that too. Go off to give her her space or, cover more ground in the Cove. Tonight, they stand beneath the soft glow of the moon. Velk offers a quizzical brow as his mother slips away but quickly returns. His sapphire gaze falls upon the well-armored fruit  which drops to the sand. Moments later, his sensitive olfactories pick up the sweet, tropical aroma of the exposed pulp. Salmon-lined nostrils flare and upper lip curls upward to draw in the scent more. Without further ado, steed steps forward and apprehends a mouthful of the lush pulp. He swallows the juicy mash with a satisfactory gulp and takes one more bite before leaving the remainder for Litotes. He knew their travels would require a significant amount of energy - most of all for Kag but, Litotes is clearly feeling the effects of the plague. As soon as they have reached the frozen Isle, Velk would try to heal as much as he could.

He drifts off to sleep easily in the comfort of the Cove and family. When Kagerus appears in his dream, he offers a friendly smile before preparing himself for the leap. On his mother's mark, he willingly jumps with her and, extends his front hooves to land in the pillowy white stuff. Against the biting cold, Velk keeps his eyes closed and his tail tucked between his haunches. His long-lashed lids, frosted with snow, flutter open slowly as daylight thaws him slightly. When Velk opens them, he finds himself standing alone in the tundra. He shifts his weight as he takes in the barren scene - no foliage, no living critter - how awful! The two-toned male sighs but remains here, soaking in the weak heat emanating from the daystar, as he waits for Kagerus and Litotes to arrive. When they do, he lifts his poll in friendly recognition and, offers a smile of relief that both had made the jump.

Cupped lobes catch his mother's comical but, truthful, description of Icicle Isle before she introduces the two males. Velk raises his blue gaze to meet those of the cremello and, he offers a sympathetic smile. He notes the steed's two coughs, the second as if he was holding it in and, immediately, the two-toned males steps forward. He extends his whiskered muzzle as if in greeting before deciding he should explain himself. "I can help with that." He closes the distance between them, bringing himself between Kag and Litotes so that his right cheek pressed into the other male's. Closing his blue eyes, Velk draws in the wintry air and warms it in his chest. He musters all of the love and strength he can and exhales two golden beams from his nostrils straight into Litotes' thorax. Velk knew he could not eliminate the plague entirely, but, hopefully, he could ease his breaths and, give him the strength to make his second kingdom visit.

Stepping back, Velk offers a warm smile before repositioning himself on the other side of the antlered bay overo. Now, his gaze rests on the approaching steed, a baroque-built roan. He offers a friendly smile, lobes pricked ahead in genuine interest. He listens to the diplomatic conversation carefully before realizing that Leilan - er, Icicle - is now addressing him. "I am. Velk, if you may. I am here to represent the East. I will be sure to find my sire when it is more convenient." Velk pauses and glances at Kagerus for a moment, unsure if he should continue. Alas, he decides that he could do this. He could speak in diplomatic tongue and, if she felt as though he forgot something, she could certainly chime in. "Today, we come to update your leadership on the status of the East. And, we wish to inquire about the relations between the East and North."

Velk

@[Kagerus] @[litotes] @[Leilan]
    Sorry this is so late. I hope it doesn't read too awful!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Velk/Litotes/any diplomats/leaders - by Velk - 12-23-2018, 09:37 PM