• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  hunt or be hunted; magnus, any
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

If she has her suspicions of the Sylvan king, she never lets it show. She is still learning the new Beqanna dynamics, still figuring out where each land stood and what they were known for, but she knew that, in the past at least, Sylva was not considered one of the more charitable lands. Of course, a simple glance into her own past would show that she had made her home in a kingdom not too dissimilar from Sylva for several years. The Valley, although rarely seeking out trouble, had not been entirely innocent, and she was guilty by association.

It had been full of characters that reminded her of Sinner; his kind is not unknown to her.  A lamb amongst the wolves, she had gradually learned their ways, and their individual ticks – but it came at a price, and sometimes she paid for her mistakes dearly, as her scarred face showed. She cannot see the hellhound, of course, but she can feel him. He is watching them –  the golden stallion now at her side, having acknowledged his arrival with a feather-light touch of her own – and he is storing and cataloging everything they say and do. ”Sinner,” She repeats his name, the shape of the word slipping easily from her tongue. A name that would suit most of them, even her, and the notion is not lost on her, since her more recent faults are never far from  her mind.

”I’d say Tephra as a whole is fairing well, save for the fools that wander into unsafe areas,” There is laughter that laces her words, since it was evident by her blood-stained lips that she was referring to herself. Not many of the residents were infected, and at the very least, they didn't run the risk of spreading it. But she falls back to something that he had said earlier, a curious tip of her head as she inquires, ”Who is your co-ruler?” Perhaps Magnus already knew the answer, and it was unlikely it would be a name she recognized anyway, but it was hard to break her habit of asking all questions.
    RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

@[magnus] @[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by Sinner - 12-12-2018, 11:36 PM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by Ryatah - 12-14-2018, 12:26 PM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by magnus - 12-15-2018, 07:42 PM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by Sinner - 12-23-2018, 01:12 PM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by Ryatah - 12-25-2018, 03:43 AM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by magnus - 12-29-2018, 01:22 PM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by Sinner - 01-03-2019, 12:19 AM
    RE: hunt or be hunted; magnus, any - by magnus - 01-12-2019, 03:35 PM