• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Why Bother? [Cress]

I see a golden kissed coat still shimmering despite the setting sun beginning to dive into the forest, her face familiar yet not placeable. I itch the side of my nose on my leg before rising as she begins to find her way into my company. It isn’t until I stand that I realize the feminine perfume that rises from her presence is eerily memorable.

Her voice lifts into the air erupting the silence in a joyful tune, how have you been. It takes a minute, maybe two before my mind places the name Cress. I hardly remember our interaction prior, how old must I have been?

“Cress,” I nod, giving a rough shake that vibrates from the tip of my nose till the end of my hindquarters, dust lifting off. “It’s been awhile”.

I see her, I see her desperately wish to remember. I can feel it, and I hesitate to watch her disappointment when she realizes my memory is not as crisp as hers. I hate watching women sulk, their emotions as thick as the dirt on my coat. I nearly hold my breath waiting for her response.

“I have been well,” I lie, not wanting to dip into the details of where I was or what I was doing. Why bombard her with broken stories and blackened memories? Why relive the past few years in the shadows?

“But, you? You seem to be doing well,” I nod as my eyes scan over her palomino coat, obvious that she had barred children.

DALTEN

THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WITH A WOUND IN THE EXACT SHAPE OF YOUR WORDS

@[Cress]

Messages In This Thread
    Why Bother? [Cress] - by Dalten - 12-12-2018, 12:35 AM
    RE: Why Bother? [Cress] - by Cress - 12-12-2018, 02:13 AM
    RE: Why Bother? [Cress] - by Dalten - 12-12-2018, 06:14 PM
    RE: Why Bother? [Cress] - by Cress - 12-17-2018, 11:56 PM