• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    And you know I'm loaded [branka]
    Here to challenge Branka for...uhhh...pecking order? Dominance?

I guess two post each, 2 attacks and one counter/defense(whatevs) allowed in total between both posts.I will start.

Killgore
    Friesian x Warmblood
    Deep bay
    15 hh
    No traits/defects
    Branka
    Warlander
    um 12?
    Dappled Buckskin
    16hh
    No traits/defects

((is it okay to have fight take place in silver cove??I was just going to pick up where we left off.))

The man-mare taunts her, steps between the roan and herself, responds to Killgore's insanity with coarse words. " If it is born without traits, she'll hope that I had."she snaps back, regarding the warlander's questions of child safety. Her retorts short, and I'll tempered."You speak of his children so highly, yet you spurn your own."Her brow furrowed as she spoke, a snort closing her statement.

So the buckskin had wanted a fight? No, matter to her, she would not be cowed by the other. She pulled forward into the wet, packed sand left by the lowering tide. The compressed earth would be more forgiving than the loose grains that had dried. She approached with intent to keep Branka in the shallows, an attempt to tire the thickly built she-beast. A contrasting form from Killgore's more supple build. While she had friesian aspects to her appearance, she favored the lithe dancers legs of her warmblood mother. She knew she would not be able to use her size in this battle, the buckskin was a full head taller than she, and more robust.

She initiated the fight with a display of acceptance, an onyx hoof scraping at the earth. A scream launched from her voicebox, gathering air into a shrill note from her diaphragm. The bay bounded to the left, rising up and falling in an arch to the seaside sands, her ears laced. A common display of dominance that opened a fight between two feral equine.Calls came flowing from her darkened maw, as she lurched forward from a rear. Careful to not enroach into the water, twin pillars swiping the air, before gravity again takes her. Ivories reach out from her forwardly thrusted dial, her kissers pulled back past her gumline. Her jaw was open wide seeking a connection before she again would meet the ground.

She would have to keep moving, a roaming target not quite the easiest to strike. The light skinned mare would have her size as an advantage, so Killgore worked her feet.

I Come Alive
    Beg forgiveness,
    With some words that mean nothing,
    Illusions like smoke in my breath.
    The sun burns hotly on her back and the light breeze from the sea tousles her hair as Branka watches Killgore closely. The bay clearly has no intention of backing down and Branka is pleased. It had been too long since the buckskin had an excuse to fight. To feel the impact of flesh beneath her hooves and the taste of blood in her mouth. In the end this was what their small herd needed, a clear pecking order. They had Khaos but in the end it would take more direction than that to keep them whole and healthy. This wasn’t Branka’s first fight and she doubted it would be the last with this mare, unless Killgore was the type that would bend the knee when she knew she was bested. Branka didn’t want her to lose her fire, just the childlike foolishness and fit throwing.

When Killgore accepts her invitation with biting words all Branka can do is smile wryly, and cruelly taunt, "At least my child draws breath." And with her last comment she rises to meet Killgore, matching her stance with a rear of her own as she paws at the empty air. It is merely a display and she is quick to return to solid ground in the anticipation of a coming attack. Though the bay was shorter and more delicately built than she, it did not mean that Branka lacked any grace of movement. Her legs were long and graceful from the heavy spanish influences while her body was muscular and fit. She let out deep cries, matching the bay in their screams for dominance.

Killgore made the first move coming towards her at angle that would back her towards the water. Instead of moving back towards the water, Branka moved forward and at an angle to move in parallel to Killgore. The bay mare rears up once more before launching herself towards Branka causing the large buckskin to let out a scream and lunge forward as well. Her body angled with the intent of the forward movement putting her shoulder to shoulder with Killgore. She felt a sting on her neck as teeth sunk into her flesh. Branka let out a scream as she felt the rip in skin and reared up, lashing out with her front hooves. The contact would be made at the withers causing pain to the slighter mare, unless Killgore moved in which case it was likely that the blow would fall on her side or rump, just grazing her skin but still causing discomfort depending on which way the bay moved. Once done Branka dropped to the ground and moved forward and to the side, turning back around to face the same direction as Killgore while doing her best to avoid flailing hooves.

I come alive when I'm falling down

Branka | Warlander | Dapple Buckskin | Mare

It is the only way Killgore knew. The way of tooth and hoof. In her mind it was the only way to settle this dispute, and continue on settling disputes, no matter how many arose. She could not stand idly, would not calm the rage she so justifiably felt. The words of the other are too soon, the wounds entirely too fresh. They cut deep like verbal knives, the bays rage fueled by mother's grief. A grief that consumes her, she can see nothing else, this is a crime of passion.

"Take it back, you wretched cow!"she growls, a gutteral noise rising from the pit of her stomach. She is met by the buckskin, they catch each other in an embrace. Killgore's teeth find a mark gliding against the others pale pelt, the success is confirmed as the twang of metallic warmth touches her tongue. A small bit of justice for the elders sharp vocals, though painful the wound is not life threatening. She disturbs the sand, daggers scraping at the earth, nares flared to release the grunt of her breath.

She should have dodged quicker, the older mares hooves flailing, Killgore moves to the left too late. Branka's onyx find her side, raking their way down her darkened pelt, her teeth jar from the hit. She bellows, having misjudged the others agility, the damage just below her shoulder and curving down her barrel. Though shallow, the mark draws blood, leaving Killgore's side aching. Her orbs narrow, if only looks could kill, she would glady snuff out the life of this old maid. Branka moves again, and Killgore meets her, matching her steps. She turns her stride diagonally, back end hauling upward and out, back legs thrusting. Her kick misses, the target moving out of range before they can touch, and ong legs find the earth once more. She takes a stance once more, sides expanding from this cardio, eyes alert for the next assault.

[Image: ca94dsg_by_calltherp-dcioghd.gif]
    SLOW-WORDER CLUB

I Come Alive
    Beg forgiveness,
    With some words that mean nothing,
    Illusions like smoke in my breath.
    Branka was not afraid of losing this battle. All it did was determine a desperately needed pecking order in the herd. They all knew that Ghoest was at the bottom, but without a lead mare it led to these foolish battles. That and perhaps a callous tongue. Branka was not really one for feeling remorse but she did feel poorly for Killgore's loss. The loss of a foal was a blow against the herd as a whole as well as being emotionally crippling for the mother. They had at least two children running around, Frakytr and Ghoest's brat, but there should have been another. The buckskin was certain that once this bit of unpleasantness was behind them Killgore would see how ridiculous it was for them to be fighting and they would be able to focus on raising Khaos' children.

Killgore's bellows for her to take back her harsh words fell on stubborn, prideful ears. "I will not. Unless you stop your childish tantrum", Branka snaps back. She is standing near Killgore's hind end, but moves quickly to the side when she feels the whiff of air from a kick that didn't connect. They are both bloodied and growing weak from their physical excursion, but Branka was not one to quit so easily. She would not be beaten by, in her eyes, the sniveling whelp that snapped at her. Branka wanted them to be, if not friends, at least comrades. After all, they were stuck living here together under Khaos' deliciously sadistic rule.

She takes a quick step to the side, wary of flailing hooves, and rears up in another display of dominance. Harsh screams of triumph rip through her throat to match Killgore's bellows of pain, and Branka lunges forward to take a bite of Killgore's neck, her forehooves heavily hitting the ground near Killgore's shoulder. She knows the battle is over so it is more of a nip of chastisement but still could be enough to break the dark skin of her opponent. Once done she takes several steps back, her own sides heaving in time with her sister-wife's. "Killgore, I am sorry for my callous words, but don't you see? We are on the same side, and you need to stand strong. For Khaos if not for yourself."
    I come alive when I'm falling down

Branka | Warlander | Dapple Buckskin | Mare

(ooc: I think this is it right? Do you want me to start a thread to Killgore in silver cove or continue from our old one?)
    yeah should be done now, as for threads either option is fine by me ^_^
    [Image: ca94dsg_by_calltherp-dcioghd.gif]
    SLOW-WORDER CLUB
    Winner: Killgore

So this was pretty close, and if you want a second opinion, feel free to ask one of the other officers. I totally won't be offended.
    Could you point out what the deciding factors were so I know what to look for next time? ^_^ thank you!
    Here's my cheat sheet, of sorts. Like I said, it was close, but Branka's last attack bordered on power playing, which was ultimately the deciding factor.

Killgore (3+, 6-)
    Post I
    + Like the note about location, and trying to stay on the harder sand but not in the water
    + Good note of size being a disadvantage, though warmblood legs are not typically that “lithe”, they would be built pretty similarly
    - I’m not clear on the starting position – it sounds like they are probably face to face, so when Killgore bound to the left and then moves forward after the rear, I’m not convinced she’d actually be facing her opponent anymore
    - Did she rear a second time and try to bite? It’s not clear what’s happening in this attack, and biting as a whole is not a particularly effective attack

Post II
    - Realistic damage from the hit, but really it would likely cause more muscle soreness/bruising than a cut
    + Better attack than the first one, and I can understand the horses position better here
    - You should describe where you were aiming the attack and then let your opponent describe whether or not she hits/misses (though I do appreciate the realistic aspect of the fact that horses do miss)
    - Would like to know what she does after the attack, rather than just “she takes a stance” – not clear if she’s moving or standing and where she’s attempting to put Branka in relation to her
    - Would like to see the damage effect her attack, because it would be much harder for her to buck with an injured shoulder

Branka (2+, 7-)
    Post I
    + Good note of the breed, sturdy but agile
    - How is Branka moving in parallel with Killgore? They aren’t facing the same direction, are they?
    - Not all that likely that a horses teeth would rip flesh
    - I don’t understand the attack – if they are shoulder to shoulder, a forward rear would not be in the direction of the opponent
    + Good description of where the attack is aimed (though not sure the aim is consistent with the posts) and what could happen if the opponent moved though
    - A neck injury would make it harder for your horse to move – they rely really heavily on their necks. Though a bite would not do much damage, it would be good to see the damage included in the attack (rearing requires use of the horses neck)

Post II
    - How is she standing by Killgore’s hind end? They were running in parallel? It's not clear where your horse is in relation to the other opponent.
    - What side does she move toward? Left or right? Forward, straight sideways?
    - The bite attack here basically does nothing to aid Branka, and you really can’t say where Branka’s feet hit or where the bite connected, if any. That would be up to Killdare’s post. A little too close to power playing here.