• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  now tragedy, that's funny; kharon
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

Dad? he asked, tensing up as Dad seemed not to even feel his gentle affection or hear his thoughts, ignoring him. Dad? Dad, please come back. Come talk to me. Wake up.

He froze and fell silent, watching through his dad's mind, seeing the three heads. Awe and fear held him captive, leaning uselessly into his dad though it never stirred him from this place he'd gone to. And his reaction to Mom's friend was new, confusing. Even still, it sparked a secret flare of hope in him. All she'd ever wanted was Dad. All Kharon had ever wanted was their happiness. That was better if it were them together, but it had never seemed possible. Dad thought she was hot, but wasn't into her the way she'd been into him.

Dad? he tried again in a soft whisper, flinching in caution as Dad's attention slid to him. We. Will. Find. Her. Kharon's heart raced and he stared back with wide eyes, nodded silently. Was it safe for Dad to be like this? Should he be fighting to bring him back from it? But he promised they'd find Mom, and they needed to. So maybe he could try to bring him back from it later, after she was home.

Did that make him a bad son?

Dad stood, subtle details of his body sharpening, gleaming. He looked.. He kinda looked like a weapon, maybe. Deadly, at the very least. Kharon's heart raced and he sidled warily closer, brushing his lips over Dad's shoulder and watching up in his face. Would Dad still let him? Was his dad gone now and replaced by this thing inside him?

We Find Her.

"Okay, Daddy," he whispered, holding his head low and his wings tight to his body. His silver eyes were on his dad's face, watching for some sign that it was still him, that Kharon was still his son and he'd still love him.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    now tragedy, that's funny; kharon - by Kerberos - 12-09-2018, 05:42 PM
    RE: now tragedy, that's funny; kharon - by Kharon - 12-09-2018, 06:35 PM
    RE: now tragedy, that's funny; kharon - by Kharon - 12-25-2018, 03:16 PM