• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  now tragedy, that's funny; kharon
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

Dad!

He touched him, his mind-whisper strained. Dad had gone to a place in his head that Kharon had never seen him disappear to, and he pressed his nose to Dad's metal shoulder in earnest. Fear gripped his chest hard, exhausted grey eyes wide and studying his dad closely.

He couldn't tell how real any of it was for Dad, if it was just dreaming or if he really was this person he thought he was. Kharon could remember things from when he'd been so little, unintentionally listening into Mom's thoughts and memories as she relived what she'd been through.

Yet even still, at the sight of his Dad on their island, he was nothing but thrilled, so proud to trot up to him and preen for him, show him how beautiful he'd made his babies. Even from the start, even through her history with him, he'd been proud to be from Kerberos. To be so beautiful and magnificent like his perfect dad. Even through that first glimpse of him through her thoughts, doing bad things, all Kharon saw was how perfect Dad was. And he wanted to be just like him.

Dad. It was just a dream.

He nuzzled Dad's neck, rubbing his cheek on him. It was just a dream. Mom didn't love anyone but them and Reilly and Badden. Just them. Or well, she would if she were alive still somewhere, somehow.

They had always been an affectionate family, and there was nothing out of the ordinary when he pressed little peck kisses over Dad's nape in comfort. Just a dream. She hasn't seen that guy in a long time. She also, obviously, wasn't human. But the depiction of them through Dad's dream had been pretty damn spot-on. Of course it would be, though. Dad knew everything about her, exactly how she'd look in some other body.

Perhaps a nightmare rather than a dream though, based on Dad's reaction.

I love you. I'm here. Talk to me.
    Don't go to that dark place again.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    now tragedy, that's funny; kharon - by Kerberos - 12-09-2018, 05:42 PM
    RE: now tragedy, that's funny; kharon - by Kharon - 12-09-2018, 06:35 PM
    RE: now tragedy, that's funny; kharon - by Kharon - 12-25-2018, 03:16 PM