• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Our Tangled Roots; Rhaegor
    Warlight

"The Royal Assholes," she quips happily as he scoffs and coughs, "and heirs to nothing at all. Our Royal Mothers will probably exist forever in eternal queenly bliss."

But the thought doesn't bother the princess much, despite her sarcasm. Of all the things she wants a crown would be an afterthought... and if she did eventually get one of her own she sure as hell would want to claim it for herself rather than be handed a kingdom by a parent. 

As thy still, the tickle of his breath across her shoulder they only thing on her mind and she slips into her dreams. For a girl is restless and rarely content, she comes pretty close to true peace in those twilight moments of her consciousness, despite the rattling in her chest and the way her throat feels stripped raw. 

It isn't long before her midnight-nap is broken by a rumbling in his chest, and her blue-black eyes flutter open as her brother speaks. "Probably," she snorts, "sometimes I forget they are even twins." But his tone is different than what she had been expecting and she lifts her antlered head to look him in the eye.  "I haven't seen Svedka in a while," she says, more serious now, "no one has. Mom said he always comes back, that he is probably off exploring Tang's homeland again, but I can tell she is worried. She seems worried a lot recently, and everyone is out on missions so often that sometimes the Cove feels empty." She realizes she is painting a gloomy picture of their idyllic homeland, but she would never dilute the truth from him. As he makes a suggestion her spark of energy returns. 

"Yeah!" Warlight agrees quickly to his hesitant idea. If she was feeling well enough to subconsciously teleport to Tephra a return journey with her brother in tow should be manageable. "You just can't blame me if we end up in the lake or something, this it was your idea." She is stopped short as a massive, ungraceful yawn overtakes her. 

"Maybe tomorrow," she manages to say, her mouth closing "I may as well get a look at Sylva while I'm here, then we can go."  But as she lets her head fall back onto it's living pillow she suddenly realizes he may not know why Sylva has a special appeal.

"Valdis moved there," she states idly, enjoying (but trying to hide) the childish satisfaction of having a piece of inside information to relay. "Some guy recruited her."

— soul as sweet as blood red jam —

@[Rhaegor]
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Our Tangled Roots; Rhaegor - by Warlight - 12-05-2018, 03:32 PM
    RE: Our Tangled Roots; Rhaegor - by Rhaegor - 12-05-2018, 05:26 PM
    RE: Our Tangled Roots; Rhaegor - by Warlight - 12-14-2018, 01:55 PM
    RE: Our Tangled Roots; Rhaegor - by Rhaegor - 12-17-2018, 03:04 AM
    RE: Our Tangled Roots; Rhaegor - by Warlight - 01-07-2019, 11:43 AM