• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Hate That I Love You {Kag}
    Clayton
    Every Story Has Two Sides

He was so confused, he thought that him and Warlight were inseparable, he thought she would have been looking for him just as much as he had looked for her. But instead she was off with Raul his mouth left with a sour taste just at the thought of the pale stallion.

His heart was aching with all types of emotions, he just wanted to talk to someone....but Tahti was no where to be found, and Warlight was his only other friend. This was not how he had planned there reunion, and it certainly was not how he imagined his summer going. Last summer they were all on the beach having fun, and now his life was filled with drama.

He was unknowingly walking heavily, his body expressed his emotions for him. The horned stallion stomping throughout the Cove, he hoped to remain alone while he figured out what had just happened. But his ears pick up rustling and it appeared that he would not be alone for long, Oh great he thinks to himself as his ears gently lay back to his dome, irritation visibly expressed as he stood still hoping to stay hidden.

@[Kagerus] like we talked :p pretending this was after the thread with Raul/Warlight
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

Frankly, I am glad that I was never romantically inclined during my adolescent years. What curiosity I might have had then was decimated by a particular dream-quest which involved intricate human relations, resulting ultimately in war, chaos, and pain. Thus, for the entirety of my life before the Reckoning, my sole focus stood in the shape of my father Kavi, and in whichever home he decided upon for us; first the Chamber, and then the Jungle.

Standing upon a rocky ridge near the north point of the Cove, I wrack my mind, trying to think of a single time I felt romantically interested in someone until I met Rapt; but not a single name comes to mind. I really did spend my first fifteen years as a prude, emotionally and sexually... Which was a blessing in disguise I suppose, considering the grief sexual relations caused me the first time around. Nope, until I met Solace, I was either a prude or a shit show - luckily we've ironed out the details now, and I could not be more grateful. The less drama the better, especially with this contagion afoot.

Shortly, the sound of stomping hooves alerts me of another's presence. With a quick glance, I catch the site of the familiar Clayton not far off; those green points and addax horns are not ones you often miss. The young stallion seems to be in a bit of a tiff, with ears laid back and tail snapping angrily behind him. For a moment, I consider leaving him be. After all, I know what it's like to need some space; but then I think upon how he and I have never spoken face to face, and that all I know of him has been because of the bits and piece of information that Warlight cares to share with Solace and I.

Intrigued now, I nicker to warn him that I shall indeed be intruding before descending carefully from my rocky ledge to approach. Above, my antlers loom, greater in expanse than his but no less impressive; I think absently about how we share this trait before coming to and settling before the tall creature, nutmeg eyes glimmering as I behold him.

"Hello Clayton," I begin. "How have you been, since the migration? Well, I hope."

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver
    Clayton

It appears his silent temper tantrum has not gone unnoticed, no matter how hard he wished. Hello Clayton the words echo in his ears as the painted Queen appears in his view. His body is visibly tensed, his jaw was clenched with anger, but he has not lost his respect. He dips his head in greeting to his ruler, How have you been, since the migration? Well, I hope. She was so nice, and he can not help but find characteristics in her that Warlight inherited.

Kagerus he says in greeting, the Queen he had never had a personal conversation with. He had always been to busy, falling in love with Warlight. He forces the muscles in his jaw to relax, although his body was still prickling with anger, I have been well, I apologize for my absence, I want you to know I am still dedicated to Hyaline. The words easily slipped from his mouth, his love for Hyaline would never shift, no matter how much the queens child broke his heart.

He knew that she would be able to see the tension that his body carried, he only hoped to avoid the conversation about her daughter and that bastard Raul. Again that pale bastard flicked into his mind and a fire had ignited in his eyes, glazed over from his own distracted thoughts.

He snapped back to reality, he really did not want to have a conversation but he also could not tell the Queen to leave him alone. How has Hyaline been holding up? Do you need my help with anything? I can visit kingdoms if you want. He eagerly offers himself for a kingdom visit, an easy ticket to leave the Cove, to find space between himself and Warlight, and that smug bastard that would hopefully be gone the next time he returns home.

@[Kagerus]

Kagerus

The colt-gone-stallion displays clear signs of frustration and pent up emotion as I greet and question him. With a clenched jaw and eyes which never seem to find mine, Clayton paints a perfect picture of juvenile ardor, passion, and rage; a part of me wonders what has gotten the usually docile man so wound up, and the other part of me makes sure that I don't ask to find out. God forbid, it probably has something to do with the boldest of my children.

I suppose that's what I get, for raising my only daughter to be just like me. She even looks like me. Go figure.

He speaks my name, the sound of it followed by a visible relaxation of his jaw. A subtle smile colours my expression as I witness this, a silent form of encouragement for the youth. The Sancutary depends on individuals such as him to keep her afloat, and pushing him further into his emotional turmoil will win my kingdom no battles. An apology befalls my ears, and then a reassurance; I dip my head in return to Clayton, chuckling softly for his sincerity.

"I do know it, my friend, and I thank you for it. We all have periods of quiet; think nothing of it."

Before Clayton speaks again, a certain emotion flashes flame-bright in his eyes; I wonder again just what is getting his goad so terribly, and again feign distraction. Perhaps as Queen I ought to be somewhat more intrusive - but this land has always been for the people, and if he does not wish to tell me, then I shan't force him to. I trust that it is nothing which will effect his loyalty to the Sanctuary - at least, he has given me his word for as much, so I hope I can trust him.

Coming to, the deep burgundy stallion returns his attention to the conversation at hand and asks about the well being of Hyaline. I smile wryly at this, and give me neck and hearty shake before answering.

"Well, I haven't been to Hyaline since the migration, since Solace has quarantined me here. As the champion of the Sanctuary, it is important that I stay healthy." I explain this easily to the youth, but in truth, this fact weighs heavily on my shoulders. I long desperately to see the mountains I have come to call home again, and often find myself standing on the obsidian shores to the west of the Cove to stare at them. I can't even dream of Hyaline for fear of awakening there - the separation is ceaseless, and painful.

Pushing aside my own worries, I next consider his final question. "Yes, that would be extremely helpful. We aren't quite ready yet to send out any missions, but I promise that you will be one of the first we call upon to travel. That should be fairly soon; otherwise, stay healthy and bring in any stragglers from the field, if you can." I blink, wondering if the creature has attempted any recruiting yet.

I smile, hoping that I have put Clayton somewhat at ease by now. "So, tell me of yourself, Clayton. Were you raised by your parents? I never had the pleasure of meeting them, so I suspect otherwise."

@[Clayton]
    dreamweaver
    Clayton

His body was still hot with anger, but as he found himself before Kagerus and the topic not on Will, her daughter, his body slowly begins to relax. He notes to Kagerus his absence, because I was out looking for your daughter he thinks to himself, though probably best to not say it aloud. She gracefully acknowledges and excuses his lack of presence, perhaps it was because she knew he would not leave while Will hung around.

He mentions Hyaline, curious of how many members remained in the Cove, and the current state of his beloved home. Kagerus admits she has not been to Hyaline since the plague, bound to the Cove as the protector of the sanctuary. He nods his head in acknowledgement, he did not know the queens on a personal level, though he knew through Will that they cared for Hyaline, and he can not imagine the pain she must be feeling from not being able to visit her home. I am sure that the Hyaline members thank you for your sacrifice and they would be wrong to not.

He offers himself to visit other kingdoms, she was not able to, and he was more than willing. It would be a great distraction from the situation at hand, his body twitches as the thought lingered through his mind once again, forcing himself to relax he looks back at Kagerus. She notes that his presence would be welcomed, though Hyaline is not ready just yet to venture out. She would make sure that he would be made aware of the visits, and that was all he could ask for Thank you he responds simply.

Just when he thought the conversation was over, the queen inquires about his parents, noting she had never met them and has come to the conclusion they did not raise him. His gaze looks for hers, a conversation he avoided, only trusting Will with his secrets. That is correct, they were very good nomads, Father brought me to my sister Keeper, and she brought me to Hyaline.

A subtle smile appears on his maw, the memory of his first encounter with the young Warlight, the fascination he had with her horns, how they quickly grew to be the best of friends. His parents may not have had a huge role in his life, but letting Keeper raise him was the best gift they could have given him, bringing Will into his life was the best thing for him. Kagerus.... his gaze remains on hers.... Have you and Solace ever......loved someone else...? He had to force the words from his mouth, but he did not know what love was like, should he really be jealous of Raul? Perhaps he shouldn't have left so easily, and he really wanted to find Warlight, to take back the harsh words he gave her, but he could not pass up the wise words from someone who has lived a lifetime longer than he has.

@[Kagerus]

Kagerus

I am sure the Hyaline members thank you for your sacrifice. To this, I nod compassionately. I can tell that Clayton is doing his best to relate and to understand the place where I'm coming from, but I also know that he knows neither myself nor my wife very well, knowing us perhaps only vaguely through our spirited daughter, Warlight. I smile to think of Will, but quickly tame the expression, feeling sheepishly as if Clayton might somehow hear me thinking her name and then be mad at me for it.

Luckily, my question about his parents seems to distract him from any accidental mind reading, and I relax a little as he delivers his answer. While the young bay stallion meets my eyes only tentatively, I am rewarded by his full fledged response to my question; while it may have been 'too personal,' the fact of the matter is is that I refuse to shy away from getting to know the people who occupy the lands which I call home. And that means getting a little personal sometimes, even if to do so makes one or both of us uncomfortable.

"I never met Keeper, but Solace did, and she told me of her. She disappeared right around the time that I showed up in Hyaline, about six years ago." I puzzle briefly at this, considering that Clayton is not six years of age which must mean that his sister has been around more recently than my memory suggests, but I do not dwell on the inconsistency. Time here is weird as hell, and I would give my right hoof to find someone who actually knows how to interpret its tom foolery.

I am nodding resolutely at his explanation, with a quaint answer just about off my tongue, when Clayton suddenly takes the lead in the conversation by uttering my name. Silence and very intrigued, I perk my ears to illustrate my attention, eyes holding his gaze evenly but not with any pressure or judgement. Though, when he says what he says, I do blink once. No, twice.

Did I mention that sometimes these things get uncomfortable? Damn, this little stallion is beating me at my own game.

Inhaling, and treading very lightly considering that this is my daughters assumedly ex-boyfriend, I begin to unravel something that resembles an answer. "That is a very complicated question, Clayton, and I'm afraid that the answer to it is no different... The love that I feel for Solace, and she for me, is unlike anything either of us have ever felt or given to another person." I pause, gauging his reaction, and hoping that I won't see too much hope spread in his chest. Just in case I might, I go further in my explanation.

"But, Solace was not my first love, and I was not hers... We each had children with other people before we realized what there was between us." I do not name the children specifically, unwilling to purposefully pit them against their full-blooded siblings when they are, too me, equally as special, brilliant, capable, and amazing. "So, yes and no, is the long and short of it I suppose."

Feeling like it's my turn to make him uncomfortable, I narrow my eyes a teensy tinsy little bit before carefully posing my own question. A very, very loaded one.

"Why do you ask, Clayton? You can tell me the truth."

@[Clayton]
    dreamweaver
    The overo queen mentions Keeper, she had never met her, but Solace had. She disappeared around six years ago, which makes sense because she partially only returned due to taking in Clayton.

The bay and green boy was raised by his bear sister, though he had not seen her for some time. It never really bothered him because he always had Warlight, but in this moment he feels more alone than ever.

He found an odd comfort with the love of his lifes mother, even if this was there first conversation. He was bold, asking if Kagerus and Solace ever loved another, a few moments passed as the queen delicately chose her next words.

She admits his question is complicated, but so is love. She goes on to talk about how there love for each other is unlike anything, and he feels his heart sink deeper into his chest. But Solace was not my first love, and I was not hers the words ran through his ears and instantly his hope was restored.

His gaze intent on Kagerus, waiting to hear more. The queen finished noting that they had loved others, but came to realization they had loved each other at the end of the day. A smile tugged at his lips, that was exactly what he needed to hear, he was not going to give up on Warlight, not so easily at least.

He was ready to head out, but as soon as he was about to move the queen asks why he asked his question. He finds her gaze awkwardly, he knew damn well she was aware of him wether Will had feelings for him or not, and she easily could put the pieces together.

Uhm...well he mutters attempting to put the words together without blurting out her name directly. I have these strong feelings for someone...and she brought back some other stallion and I thought she cared about me too...but it seems like she doesn't. His eyes fall to the ground, admitting the words aloud made it all come back to realization, perhaps him and Will were only meant to be friends and Clayton would have to move on from her. But maybe she just needs this time to figure out it was us who are meant to be his eyes lift with a smile on his maw. Perhaps they would not end up together, but at least in this moment his heart still ached for the bay girl he grew up with.

@[Kagerus]

As I speak, it becomes more and more clear by the way Clayton smiles, seems to grow an inch or two as he stands taller, and twitches at his withers that he has misinterpreted my meaning. Not that I’d exactly had one solidly in mind, but I certainly hadn’t been intent on encouraging the young fellow to pursue something that would never work… The naivety of youth blinds the young stallion to the possibility that in an equation of four, he could be one of the two left behind, and that nothing guaranteed him love from anyone.

Before I can attempt to verbalize this, the green-lined stallion is muttering an answer to my invasive question. He sounds very boyish when under pressure, I realize; and my heart softens, for this boy could easily be one of my children, too. Deciding to just listen before I interject further, the small shapes of my ears flick forward, catching that which the boy dejectedly says.

When he finishes, my eyes are a shade darker, and the inside of my lips throbs where I’ve been anxiously biting it. I may show no fear when charging into battle, but when caring for the hearts of the Sanctuary’s youth, my every word must be carefully thought out. This is why it takes me another moment to gather my thoughts; after all, I must also consider Warlight’s feelings in this, for it is assuredly that girl of whom Clayton speaks.

“While I can speak with no finality nor much wisdom on these kinds of things, what I do know is that once Solace and I realized our love for each other, it never, ever faltered… We were also adults, and so somewhat more stable in our proclamations and devotions of love."

"That being said, the stallions whom she and I found ourselves with before one another were… devastated by our departures from their sides, to say the least. Unfortunately, that is just the way of the world sometimes… I hope that your heart is not too broken, Clayton, and that one day, you find someone who is as sure of you as the moon is of the sun.”

@[Clayton]
    I think this would be a fairly nice place to end this thread! That or else you can post again and wrap it up, or if you have muse for more, by all means go ahead! Whatever you would like <3
    dreamweaver