• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Falling through gravity; Any!

falling through gravity at the speed of light

The bay stallion halted at the confines of the land, a possible place to call home, he was very thankful to Rhaegor for introducing him to this land, Aziz maundered around languidly, suddenly shy of meeting anyone, he wanted to connect with others but was irresolute in doing so. The bay announced himself unobtrusively, unwanting of attention or to cause commotion, the dark male moved closer to the treeline, huddling close to the dark bark, small leaves gently falling onto his silky back, the stallion snorted, aggrevated about his inability of communicating with others, with Rhaegor it was a lot easier, there wasn't really that much spoken of, even now the area was shrouded in silence but Aziz still shuffled around uncomfortably.

After a few minutes of hesitation, the stallion approached the area where he heard the most movement, quietly calling out with his subtle tone "Hello?" he called quietly, almost awaiting an invitation to converse.

A Z I Z

[Image: N3F7IUd.png]

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

Magnus has seen the dark bay stallion around—knows that he was brought hime by Rhaegor.

It’s warmed his heart to see new souls finding their way to his home, finding refuge in the warm volcanic land, comfort that the plague cannot touch them here. He has been content to give Aziz his space though, letting him acclimate to his new home before approaching him, before introducing himself.

But today, when he sees the stallion moving along the trees, his ink-dipped ears swivel in his direction, his gold-flecked eyes curious at the hesitation in the other. Tephra was always a warm, welcoming kingdom; it was not difficult to find others to connect with, and he hopes the stallion found that true.

When he hears Aziz called out, he straightens himself, the sun warming the broad swath of his back, shaking the dust from himself. He does not move quickly, instead taking his time picking through the lush vegetation of the kingdom, letting the fragrant summer flowers distract him as they perfume the air.

When he is near enough, he dips his head in greeting, a crooked smile curving his lips.

“Hello there.” His whiskey voice is quiet but sturdy, unwavering as he catches the other’s eyes. “My name is Magnus.” There is a pause as he looks around at the land surrounding them, it never truly occurring to him to announce himself as the leader of the place, of one of its original founders. Instead he brings his gaze back to Aziz. “I hope that you have been finding Tephra to your liking.”

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

@[Aziz]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Sinfully Delicious

The bay male moved forward with uncertainty as he was approached by the stately buckskin, Aziz returns the dip of his pole and steps forward confidently, with a snort the stallion parched his brims to speak "It is nice to meet you, I am Aziz" a pause of silense surfaced for a moment before he continued in speech "I am very thankful to be here" the bay male spoke softly and with little coarse tone, Aziz judged this equines rank by his stature, although he was smaller than Aziz in height, he still managed to make himself look large and of power.

The stallion shifted his weight slightly, still consumed by the journeying in the past couple of months, Aziz paused silently before speaking once more "If you need me for anything I would be happy to help, it's the least I can do" The bay man drooped his head in a short bow before lifting it quickly, his mane drooping over his long neck as he moved his body around.

A Z I Z

@[Magnus]

Magnus tries to remember what it was like to be young—to have such uncertainty in your veins, the future such a large, looming thing. The truth, however, is that Magnus wasn’t like that in his youth. He was an arrogant prince of two kingdoms, wild and free and reckless. Later in life, perhaps, he was plagued with uncertainty, with guilt, with second guessing himself, but not in his youth.

That had been one of the freest moments in his life.

Still, he regards the other stallion with a quiet, watching him talk and move, studying the nerves beneath the other’s skin. Magnus tilts a heavy-jawed head to the side, a corner of his lacerated lip rising into a smile before he finally breaks his own silence again, whiskey-voice flooding he space between them.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Aziz. We are always in need of solid men in Tephra.” He wonders if the other is a soldier, a diplomat, or simply a stallion seeking to find himself a home amongst the chaos that has seeped into Beqanna, but it seems he does not need to wait long—for the other supplies his own answer before Magnus can formulate the question on his lips. “Ah, that is good to hear.”

He pauses, gold-flecked eyes gliding to the border, contemplating, before coming back to rest on the newcomer. “Are you interested in joining the ranks one day?” The central caste of Tephra was a good place to get your feet wet, to contribute, but it was by no means necessary or required of residents.

@[Aziz]

Sinfully Delicious

The bay fluttered his eyes for a moment, stepping forward confidently "Yes, I would love to" he answered firmly with a deep tone slowly seeping back into his throat, the stallion watched the other in front of him, studying his sinewy frame, the stallion's veins flowed with confidence, yet he still appeared smaller than the one in front of himself. The dark male advanced once more and cleared his throat before parching his lips, his tone rising as his voice poured out of his chest heavily "Once again, thank you for giving me a place to stay" he bowed shortly and arose with confidence, moving his legs as they cracked and shifted from standing in the same place for a while.

Aziz was very intrigued by this place and the equines in it, almost like his personality had begun to shift based on how others were beginning to interact with him, the stallion briefly smiled before allowing a pause, almost anticipating the other stallion's next words, or possibly the lack of them.  

A Z I Z

@[Magnus] sorry for how long that took me, very busy with college at the moment

The moment is easy and he relaxes into it, taking the edge off his normal vigilance. He nods when the other agrees. “Good man,” his lips press together into a line, gold-flecked gaze going briefly to the horizon. Tephra was growing, steadily, but she was still quiet. They needed more members. They needed more to step up and take responsibility. They needed more to help drive the direction of their home.

There is a touch of amusement when the other dips into a bow, his head angling slightly as he watches him rise. “There’s no need to bow to me, son.” He’s worn Kings and held the sword and commanded armies but he’s never required blind loyalty or demanded a bent knee—least of all in Tephra. “And you certainly don’t need to thank me for the place to stay. Tephra is a free land with open borders.”

Perhaps it was a foolish ideal. Perhaps it was something that would lead to trouble one day, but Magnus did not fear what could come into their home. He has enough confidence in the strength of his back and his own grit to know he could stand up against whatever storm was to come their way.

He catches Aziz glancing around and a corner of his lip rises.

“Is there anything you’d like to know? Any questions you might have?”

Sinfully Delicious

Aziz answered quickly and blissfully "Not at the moment, thank you" he seemed to thank the close stranger with every sentence, but he couldn't help himself, he was extremely grateful for his new location and wanted to show it "I'll be happy to help wherever needed" he added shortly, assuming the stallion in front of him did not want to be kept for too long, just in case he was busy and all.

Aziz began to dip his head before quickly remembering the stallion's words, he smiled slightly as he lifted his head quickly, sliding to the side to begin leaving with the permission of the other "Would you need me for anything at the moment?" he asked, wanting to make use of himself rather than wander around aimlessly.

A Z I Z

@[Magnus] sorry for how short this is and how long it took me to post!

For a moment, Magnus wishes that he could spend forever doing just this.

Relaxing in the sun with the company of a newcomer, exchanging pleasantries and letting the silence stretch on comfortably. He wishes he had the kind of life where such things were acceptable and he could lose himself in the calm, in the ordinary—but he has never had such a thing allowed, and he doesn’t have it now. There are responsibilities that he must attend to, things that he must do.

And thus, he can only give the stallion a curve of lip and a dip of his head.

“The best thing you could do is spend time getting to know your fellow kingdom members, greeting newcomers at the border, and recruiting, if you would like to talk to those in search of a home.” He pauses, glancing around and then bringing his gaze back to Aziz. “I’m afraid I cannot stay for long, but if you ever need me, all you need to do is call. I am here to help you however you need.”

Then, with another nod, Magnus steps back, giving a grin to Aziz before he turns on his haunches and runs forward to the border where duty calls and the stretch of open land beckons to him.

@[Aziz]