• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of lost things;; any

"I know you,
    I know your secret names"

Where she is solid and certain, steady in an effortless way, he can't seem to figure out if he is large or small, loud or quiet. North watches this all silently, a single ear tipped toward him in intrigue. Who is this man who shifts by the minute, who starts to take longer steps and speak in a bolder tongue? More importantly, who is it he wants to be?

Rouhi seems to move in two different directions at once, which North finds amusing. She clucks playfully as his path starts to stray from hers, drawing him back. He asks what brings her here and the answer ping-pongs in her head before she decides how to respond.

She doesn't say my children were born here,

She doesn't say I don't recognize anywhere else,

She just says "the meadow is familiar." Her grin struggles against the muck of her past. All that loss, all that loneliness, it is hard to rise above it sometimes. She's shuffling her feet, feeling a bit anxious, a lot restless. There is an oak ahead of them, maybe a quarter of a mile away, and she doesn't want to think about anything at all right now. "I'll race you to that tree." By the word race, she's already gone.

N O R T H

@[Rouhi] it was perfect <3

Messages In This Thread
    of lost things;; any - by North - 11-27-2018, 08:29 AM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by Rouhi - 11-27-2018, 04:44 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by North - 11-29-2018, 04:10 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by Rouhi - 11-29-2018, 04:40 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by North - 12-07-2018, 04:33 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by Rouhi - 12-07-2018, 08:23 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by North - 12-20-2018, 02:27 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by Rouhi - 12-20-2018, 03:14 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by North - 01-03-2019, 07:57 PM