• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

of lost things;; any

"She smells of salt and untold stories
    and shadows hide in her eyes"

He seems a little young, a little lost. He might not be either of these things, so she does not jump to conclusions. North has forgotten what it was like to feel young, except in bits and pieces, scraps of memories triggered by the light falling just so, or a particular smell that carries with it a feeling with it that cannot be explained. These scraps never add up to the whole, though. She could not say how she would react to him if she were younger, because she does not remember what younger felt like.

All she has is here and now and when she finally decides to smile she feels like it is sharp enough to cut through the moonlight. "There is nothing to apologize for, Rouhi. I'm North." He looks at her with an uncertain sort of intrigue and she shouldn't feel pleased but she does. He is not the only lonely one here.

In the moments that follow, Roughi seems to flip between confidence and uncertainty. In comparison she is consistent, solid. She knows herself well, and how could she not after all these years? So when she steps forward to get a closer look at him, she does not need to think and rethink what to say-- the right words are there on her lips, as easy as breathing. "Would you like to walk with me?" She smiles sweetly, something like a dare in her playful eyes. And then she moves towards him, gently brushing her shoulder against him as she walks past. "I could use the company."

She does not turn back to see if he follows.

N O R T H

@[Rouhi] sorry I am the literal slowest

Messages In This Thread
    of lost things;; any - by North - 11-27-2018, 08:29 AM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by Rouhi - 11-27-2018, 04:44 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by North - 11-29-2018, 04:10 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by Rouhi - 11-29-2018, 04:40 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by North - 12-07-2018, 04:33 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by Rouhi - 12-07-2018, 08:23 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by North - 12-20-2018, 02:27 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by Rouhi - 12-20-2018, 03:14 PM
    RE: of lost things;; any - by North - 01-03-2019, 07:57 PM