• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish
    Dizzy’s heart clenched at the pain and confusion on her babies’ faces. She’d known this was going to be hard, but it had to be done. Maybe it would’ve been easier if she’d known she was pregnant with Defy, if she’d reunited with Dovev while the girls were smaller, if she’d explained things when they were young the way she’d always expected she would have. She’d...well, she’d been waiting for him to come home to her, to see what he wanted, how much a part of their lives he wanted to be. She’d never quite thought it would take so long, and...well, she had no excuses for how much of a wreck she’d been. She should’ve done this differently, but it was too late to change it now. Moving forward was the best they could do.

She pressed a soft kiss to fretful Zynnie’s shoulder, brushing the velvet softness of her nose against her baby’s skin. “I know this is confusing, sweetheart. I didn’t know about Defy ‘til he was born. He was sneaky, just like Zoe, or I would’ve told you sooner. Dovev is his daddy. Your daddy and I have known him since we were a year or two older than you are now, but he’s been gone working since--” Well, she definitely was not gonna say since right after they made Defy. She blushed a little and tried again. “Um, for a long time. That’s why you haven’t met him before now.”

She ducked her head to get a better look at her baby girl’s face. “Does that make a little more sense, baby? Do you have more questions for me?” Zoe seemed to be rolling with things pretty well, for now at least, but Dizzy couldn’t quite tell if she was dealing or if she was putting on a brave face for Zynnie. Or if she’d have a whole pile of questions later, after she’d had time to process.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish - by Disastardly - 02-12-2019, 04:53 AM