• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish
    Daddy was the best, just the best person in the whole world. His absolute favorite, and Defy beamed right up at him and tossed his head in a sassy nod. “Me! Yeah, I’ll show ‘em all!” He’d be the best flyer and the best taker-carer of Momma, and he’d look awesome doin’ it too ‘cause he was covered in his daddy’s starry blue. But there were more urgent matters than how handsome and awesome he was, like the girls stealin’ his momma. But Daddy tugged him in close instead of sending him off to fight ‘em, and Defy frowned up at him.

“Share?!” he asked, his little boy voice dripping offended jealousy. “But she’s mine!” He narrowed his eyes up at Daddy, suspectin’ trickery when he said they were more people they were s’posed to protect, and then asked if he didn’t think he could handle it protecting that many. Of COURSE he could handle it! But just ‘cause he could didn’t mean he wanted to. “But sharing’s dumb, Daddy, why would I wanna let anybody else cuddle my momma? ‘Cept you, but that doesn’t count. You’re mine too.”

Daddy seemed determined, even if it sounded like the worst idea ever. Completely unconvinced, he let Daddy kiss him and fuss over him, playing with his hair. Just let out a soft, grumpy, unhappy huff and sulked against his daddy’s shoulder, staring at Momma cuddling other kids who weren’t him. So fucking dumb.

The guy who must be Uncle Zor spared him a glance and a nod, hacked up half a lung, and then just left, and left the girls with Momma instead of taking them with him! What? No, but! Ah fuck, he was gonna be stuck with ‘em forever now, wasn’t he? He stared after Zor’s retreating form, mouth gaping on an indignant huff. Hey! No, come back, you can’t just leave them here! All that came out was an offended squeak though, ‘cause Daddy’d already said he had to keep them. What if they were awful though?

Momma called him over to meet them, introduced them, and they both had hard, weird names and then a second easier shorter name. But they had Z-names though like his uncle, ‘cept Zoe had a D-name but not? And it was all weird and he didn’t like any of it. He stuck tight to Daddy’s shoulder, scowling fiercely. No, he did not wanna come say hi.

But Momma was asking. And she had that sorta nervous hopeful look on her face that started to slowly droop to sad the longer he clung to Daddy. So he huffed out another grumbly sigh and stomped a couple of steps closer. For Momma. ‘Cause he didn’t want her sad, and clearly this was important to her. He still glowered at the pair of them, eyes dark with suspicion, ears back all grumpy-like. And he stayed close to Daddy still, ‘cause fuck if they got to share him too. “Hi,” he grumped, and it was the best he had, but he was tryin’ hard for her so Momma’d better appreciate it.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'll be your reason to fight; daddy, anyish - by Defy - 12-27-2018, 06:25 PM