• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    Seeking a Champion - Nerine residents
    She was at a loss. What was she supposed to do about a challenge? Set is supposed to battle Leilan, while Phasus was her problem. The dark mare had magic, surely she did. But Camomila didn’t. It was by far an unfair fight, for Phasus had an advantage. Though she had no doubts that Leilan was capable of winning against Set, despite the fact that she knew nothing of their own magic and abilities. But she was worried. What would happen if she lost against Phasus in their battle? For one, she would have proven against her capabilities of protecting the Nerine residents seeking safety on the isle. They’d cast her aside for sure.

She bit her bottom lip from her annoying frustration, pacing along the edge of a small pond, leaving a deep trail in the snow where she walked. Her only option was to find someone to fight in her stead, a champion. It was within the rules of the challenge, however, she wasn’t keen on the idea of having another fight her own battles. If she couldn’t handle a one-on-one battle, how could she protect those on the isle? She’d but stuck on the sidelines, watching helplessly as someone fought her enemy. That would not prove her worth, it would prove nothing to Nerine when they needed to know she could be relied on. And what if a war broke out? What could she do when Nerine needs her aid even more than they do now?

She felt so freaking useless!

Her pride had now come into play, and it was on the verge of being severely damaged. But she breathed a heavy sigh, forcing her to calm herself down before she let her emotions and pride blind her from what was truly important. It’s Nerine that’s most important. Proving her worth would have to wait. Right now, all that mattered was eliminating the threat caused by Set and Phasus, and whom ever else was with them. Whether she drives them off her own or not doesn’t matter, so long as they’re gone for good so they couldn’t hurt those on the isle.

Now that she had reminded herself of her highest priority, she decided it was about time to search for a champion.

In case the post isn’t clear enough, Set and Phasus has challenged Leilan and Camomila to a battle for the Isle, but Camomila needs someone who’s good with battles to be her champion against Phasus, because, well, she has no magic and I’m no good with fights xD
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The ebony stallion did not quite know the implications of the gathering he barged in on. He could sense the fear and uncertainty of what the future held. He could sense the tension between his brothers and sisters and the two dark equines. He could detect that a difference of opinion drove a wedge between them. It is not until his fuzzy, triangular canine ears hear the trumpets of battle that Jesper understands. The unfamiliar stallion (though, based on the cologne he bore in his fox form, Jes knows a little. He just doesn't know how little...), Set, challenges Leilan and, the unfamiliar mare, Phasus, challenges Camomila, whom Jesper had come to learn made the first claim to Icicle Isle. Nerine accepted her claim on the terms that one of their own, Leilan, co-rule. Now, this Jesper understood. Amidst this whole plague thing, the desert-bred steed understood wanting a safe haven to protect brothers and sisters.

The atmosphere on the isle was thicker and colder - if that is even possible for the farthest Northern point of Beqanna to be during winter. Jesper could sense something big about to unfold, even in his less sensitive equine skin. Truth-be-told, he found himself flip-flopping between the two forms since discovering he could. It always seemed like his body knew when it needed the other's senses and skill set; however, it is still very much out of his control. Hours after the battle cry from the Challenge lands, Jesper found himself in his equine body. He stuck close to the coast in an effort to monitor any newcomers. With tensions as high as they are, he felt obliged to ensure the safety of those already here. He is on a self-appointed patrol when his salmon-lined nostrils pick up the fragrance of the mare Camomila. A hint of anxiety mingles with her perfume and causes Jesper to furrow his brow slightly.

He decides to investigate, concluding that he could at the very least introduce himself and, perhaps, lend a hoof, or two. Muscled haunches contract to push lean chassis into a balanced jog. Unshod hooves navigate the frozen, wintry terrain carefully avoiding slick patches and partially snow-buried stones. As he nears, poll lifts in greeting and, large, bright blue gaze seek her crystal blue orbs. The male slows his pace within strides of her and, settles into a halt a few paces before her. First, Jesper offers a gentle smile before dipping his crown in a display of mutual respect. As the first one to lay claim to this land, he would not hesitate to recognize her courage and strength. Who comes to a desolate, barren, ice-ridden wasteland to start anew? Only the fierce.

Arabian-type stag lifts his poll and brings his icy blue eyes level with the mare's once more. He studies her a moment more before finding his words, tone steady and gentle. "Lady Camomila, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Jesper. I travelled here from Ischia, a brother amongst Brennen and Leilan. I would like to thank you for your agreeable alliance with my brothers and sisters as I deeply value their safety." He stops here and, listens. He had every intention of allowing his future Queen to speak her mind and, obey her direction. When she finishes all that she has to say, he gathers himself to continue. "I understand you find yourself in need of a champion. I would be honored if you would consider me to represent you. My mother and, my grandfather, both found success in the Alliance. I did compete in the most recent one and, I have sparred with Leilan, himself. I may not have as much experience as Brennen though, I possess the instinct and the fiery blood. In addition, I can," In this moment, Jesper calls upon his new ability. He closes his long-lashed eyelids and concentrates. With a swish of black, grey and white, he shifts into his smaller, canine form. His cupped lobes are now triangular and fluffy, buried in a thick mane of grey fur. His snout is shorter and pointy and, revealed under his snarling lip, lies an upper and lower row of meat-tearing teeth. Jesper's stature is shorter and more compact. He stands upon fur-bordered, padded paws with four nails each instead of four single hooves. And, between his hind legs rests a bushy, white tail. The same light blue eyes open and glance up to match hers for a moment longer before he steps back and, allows any others to step before her and make his or, her bid.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs