• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    pack mentality; wolfbane

My dreams have all come true

Despite their blood relation Wolfbane can’t help but feel a bit idiotic for not understanding just how severely this plague affected all living creatures in Beqanna. His sisters needs outweighed his own and the image of her gaunt belly, shown to him during her pleasurable little backrub, reminds him once again that their lives were vastly more complicated from the duality of being both predator and prey. Sawtooth’s slitted eyes and faint rumbling make her problems obvious: she chose wolf over horse and a wolf cannot be wholly happy with inferior grazing.

Tucking that into the back of his mind, Bane scrutinizes the shift of his younger sisters demeanor with a frown of his own. He’s not upset but her admission does give him cause for further concern on behalf of Dayé, and only that. Sawtooth wasn’t responsible for keeping order in the pack - that was his concern, pressed into him by necessity and love for his siblings. The pegasus was honorbound to protect and watch over them, but at the same time Dayé was a grown and capable shifter.

“Little growler,” Her brother protests affectionately, lowering himself down onto the cold earth with the fold of his legs and a horse-like groan, “look at me. She’s fine. Our sister is strong and so are you.” He insists with a resolute smile, one that tilts his blue lips into the same shape of Longclaw’s signature grin. Level to the wolf and glaring at her ashamed, hidden snout, Wolfbane reaches out to tug the short fur between her lowered ears. “More than likely she went to another safe zone, ‘kay? I bet right now she’s feeling just as guilty for leaving you behind.”

She better be, he thinks to himself. Having to watch Sawtooth carry the burden of failure like this was heart wrenching to the bone. Dayé would get a verbal skinning when he came across her again. A loving, verbal skinning. “You did right by coming here. I’m going to go for a fly in a little while and I'll look out for her. In the meantime just make yourself comfortable if you can. No plague here but there's plenty of rabbit, quail, and who knows what else.” The stallion admits openly, wings pressed into the ground.

Like all good nightmares do

@[Sawtooth]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    pack mentality; wolfbane - by Sawtooth - 11-12-2018, 09:49 AM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 11-12-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Sawtooth - 11-18-2018, 11:50 AM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 11-23-2018, 04:14 PM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Sawtooth - 12-04-2018, 10:13 AM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 12-12-2018, 12:39 PM
    RE: pack mentality; wolfbane - by Sawtooth - 12-22-2018, 05:17 AM