• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

here we are in the heart of the darkness; Merry + Luster

Golden eyes watching our every move
    Losing time without the sun or moon

He had been almost surprised when Cimmerian had agreed to come with him. To leap into the unknown after only a few moments of acquaintance (even though it felt as though they have known each other a thousand years). But he does not question the workings of fate. Does not question the single entirely pure gift he had every been given.

And so he had called the shadows to him, allowed them to swallow him and the young boy until they both stand in the shadow realm. His home for so long now.

But Cimmerian had insisted on finding another, to see that she was safe. And he could not begrudge him that one request. But when he heard her name, he had been startled. He knows only one Luster, and he thinks perhaps there must be more than fate at play here.

She is not easy to find though. She had not been where Cimmerian had left her, and so he begins the search.

When finally he parts the curtains to find a soft blue form, both familiar and foreign, it is nearly nightfall once more. He breathes a sigh of relief at finally having accomplished his goal. Stepping back, he allows Merry to emerge first before following more cautiously. Once she might have known him by sight, but he is much changed since his youth. His skin, now shadowed in blackness so deep it seems to swallow all light, is vastly different than the muted blue and lacy white. He nearly blends into the shadows of the evening, the only thing clearly visible his golden yellow eyes against the pitch of his features.

He says nothing, instead allowing them their reunion. He shrinks into the shadows, as though he might disappear at any moment.

ether

@[Cimmerian] @[luster]

He hadn't even hesitated. This was his other half, his lost soul now found. Of course he trusted him. Maybe it was so naive to, but he did. Completely. And stepped forward with a soft smile and shining faded eyes. This was his other half. Of course he trusted him.

The shadows came and swallowed them up. This realm was one he belonged in and yet didn't. He didn't belong here. For once, he felt a twinge of fear, the shadows clinging to him and grabbing at him, plucking at him as if they could pull his own shadow magic out of him. Perhaps if he'd known of it and let it loose, it would have kept them from digging for it. His scream was lost in the darkness.

He whimpered softly and pressed in closer to Ether, watching worriedly as the smoky tendrils scraped at his black skin. "Ether!" he whispered, frightened.

Then he realized they weren't where they had been and his panic surfaced. "Wait! My mom! I need Luster! We can't leave her!" He turned frantic blue eyes to those gold ones buried in darkness. "Please. I need my momma too. We need her." He fell to a whisper, his stare pleading. He loved his shadow, but he loved his mom. He needed her. They both did.

Ether must have understood, because when the darkness cleared and there was far too much brightness, he could see a familiar blur of blue and white. "Momma!" he cried, stepping through the dark portal and running to crash into her with scared and relieved tears, pressing his face into her warm skin. What if he had lost her!

He cried softly into her for a moment, then got a hold of himself and peered up at her with wide, innocent eyes. "Momma. I found my Mumble-shadow." He guided her with his eyes, giving an affectionate smile to his best friend, his other half.

"His name is Ether." Then he whispered, holding yellow eyes and rubbing his face against Mom's shoulder, wiping his tears away on her, smiling. "He's mine."

[ Cimmerian ]

try to make a fire burn again