• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    stand in my way, i'll knock ya down [caw, any]

He's not exactly sure what had just happened.

All he knows is that one moment she was in his line of sight and in the next moment he was soaking wet and laying next to his son, Requite, on the iced coastline of Icicle Isle. It takes hours, but soon the fire within him warms him from the inside out and it's only when he pushes himself up to stand that his eye locks on a lone figure standing off in the distance. He knows he's being watched and somewhere deep within he knows by who. Stepping forward the silver stallion leaves his son behind on the ice to thaw and for every step he takes the sight of his eldest son becomes clearer.

"Plague," his voice is hoarse as the name slips through his dry, cracked lips. "Where is--," he's cut off by the words of his son almost instantaneously. "She is that way," His head turns towards the frozen trees that were clearly once a forest and for a moment Tannor studies him. He's not sure what to say, how to react. But instead of speaking to the stallion that is his most definitely his own, he begins to step towards the trees. Now was not the time to be mending familial ties. Not yet. As he draws closer to the ice forest he comes to a stop, his head turning towards the still form of Requite before looking back towards Plague. "Your brother---", again he is cut off quite matter of factly. "I will look after him." It's a promise from Plague that Tannor somehow knows he will keep. 

"Thank you," it's a quiet sentiment, not spoken too loudly, but spoken nonetheless. 

With a soft nod, the silver stallion turns and begins down the path in which Plague had indicated towards. For a moment he is overtaken by the feeling of Ba'al writhing deep within him. It was a warning. Something was lingering outside of this safe haven. Disease, rot, death. He wasn't sure how he knew, but he did.

For a while he walks in silence, his hooves carefully placed so as not to slip and fall on the icy ground beneath him. While his concentration on such takes up almost a majority of his focus it doesn't allow the dark form of the mare ahead to go unnoticed. Coming to a stop the stallion snorts softly, two puffs of white air escaping his nostrils as his ears prick and his lips twitch upward in a slight smirk. "I found you," he whispers, "finally." With careful movements he begins to walk once more, his pace quickening until finally he is behind her, though a safe distance from being struck and with a wide grin he suddenly shouts. 

"Caw. What the hell are you doing on a god forsaken frozen island? I'd assume somewhere warm would be more your style." 

// ooc:
    plague used with permission of venge.

// tagged:
    @[Caw]