• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let my mind be your freedom; Kali/Umbra
    Umbra looked up as he approached, a faint blush coloring her cheeks a darker purple as he murmured you came in that sexy voice of his. Not just yet she didn’t, but she hadn’t exactly forgotten the last time she’d seen him, and there had certainly been--okayyyy not the point, shushhh before you get all flustered and oops too late. Keep that train of thought to yourself, thanks, now was clearly not the time for inappropriate jokes even if his eyes on her made her smile turn dopey and her heart do little nervous flips in her chest.

“You like the purple?” she asked, flaring out her wings a little to show off the way it whispered along her side, silver tracing patterns through the purple like it was inviting fingers to trace their lines and trail along her skin. And okay the thought of him doing just that, tracing the patterns on her skin with his lips or his eyes or his anything made her allll tingly warm fluttery. Make a game of it, her skin shifting patterns to guide his touch to where she wanted it. Needed it. Cough. Um. New subject. Before she combusted.

She blushed a little deeper and ducked her head, letting her black forelock fall in front of her eyes, resettling her wings against her sides as silver danced along her skin in subconscious invitation. Behave. There were more important things going on. “You look good too,” she murmured back, even as she tried to curb her tongue. He did, though, always, soft lavender and white so lovely, and those eyes. Ugh. Okay. Focus.

“Hi, Kali,” she said softly, tilting her head a little to catch the little fox bat’s dark eyes. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m--well, Umbra, but--?” She blushed again, not quite sure if that was a just him nickname or--but she liked it being just him. His Amber, something soft and secret and precious maybe? Or--well, anyhow. “I’m Umbra,” she reiterated with a quiet little nod.

His face fell though when he talked about his older sister and her kids, and she tilted her head, took a step closer, aching to comfort him. Not really sure what the problem was, maybe there was some strife there? He’d never mentioned an older sister before that she could recall at least, though admittedly they’d been...um, otherwise occupied during their encounters. Still, she closed the distance between them, brushed her nose against his, pausing to breathe in the scent of him before doing the same with Kali.

I’m sorry, she said with a soft touch instead of words, offering silent comfort for whatever it was he was going through.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let my mind be your freedom; Kali/Umbra - by Umbra - 11-09-2018, 03:06 PM